Saturday 9 August 2014

Graffiti

Well today has been a super lazy, non productive, day so I will fly through what has happened today and then get onto a subject I have been planning a fair while now.

First of all is something that sadly I cannot quantify as the recording I attempted really did not come out. In the night I was woken up by a really loud animal cry outside, like a screech but more tuneful than a screech owl; maybe a hoot but not an owl. It was so loud it made me jump awake and then went a little quieter as, in quite an impressive display of thinking, I grabbed the phone and shot a short video. I really need to work out exactly where the microphone is so I can not hold my finger near it as all I could hear when I listened back was the sound of rustling. Such a shame. If it happens again I'll give recording another go.

Lovely warm start to the day
Lovely warm start to the day
I had a lovely lay in, with no alarm going off, and no disturbance even from the boys until I was nearly ready to get up anyway as I was in need of a brew. I went onto the balcony first of all and loved the feeling of the sun on my body, after all the nasty weather of the past few days it was great to feel it again. I headed down, made the brew, and fed the boys again having to fill their water while they were eating. I also saw that a couple of panes of glass, which had been a bit precariously balanced all the time, had now slipped out of its 'runners completely so I recovered it and took it inside when I returned to the house. I had decided to do my one task for the day first thing which was to go shopping so the boys were left locked in which they weren't that impressed by.

Lettuce growing well
Lettuce growing well
I headed in driving Lucy, who stalled at first but then ran very smoothly but she hasn't been driven for a few days so that is to be expected parked on such a hill. I also found out what was causing my wingmirrors to be knocked out of line; the baby horse was the culprit; it was scratching away very happily as I walked to the car. My shopping trip was fully successful and I got more tins of the bezir, loads of food for me, Rambo, Ralf and Sassy, and some Vanish stain removal stuff as the t shirt I was wearing (clean on, I hasten to add) has a nasty brown stain right over the breast plate. When I got back I was a bit hungry, and She was awake, so I made bacon and eggs on toast (I have bread again) and it was lovely. I also checked the lettuce on the windowsill and it really is doing well out there.

Comfortable spot
Comfortable spot
And so the rest of my day has consisted of a substantial amount of time spent laying out on the balcony actually in the shade (this picture was taken just now, after the sun had moved around) reading and dozing but not watching the cricket as my other laptop refused to connect to the internet. I also swept through and down the stairs, finally removing all the dirt from when the place flooded. This is an act of faith that the weather will not repeat that. I have got watch a fair bit of the cricket while inside and I had to come in after a while as I was thirsty, and so was Ralf who stuck his snout straight in his water bowl.

And so, while it is a lovely evening outside (I've just been to let Ralf go to the toilet and it is warm with barely a breath of  breeze; a stunning summer evening) I am going to put up these pictures of the graffiti that adorns the walls of the corridor upstairs. I know that it is written in Turkish but I am not sure what it says so if anyone can provide me with translations I would be very grateful. This will live on for a (apart from where we're going to knock a door through for a guest suite) for a while but will eventually be removed and painted over so I have been really keen to capture some good pictures for posterity. A better wide angle lens so I could take them straight on would obviously be better.

Already lost some of this message
Already lost some of this message
This must be a love message
This must be a love message
Another message opposite
Another message opposite
So there are the shots. I do have some thoughts about trying to preserve some of them, but at the least I really want to know what they say. It is another part of the history of this place, while it was left derelict, and I want to embrace it all.

Tonight there is a Super Moon and also the Perseid Meteor shower so I will sign this off now and you'll get sunset and moon and meteor shots later, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment