Wednesday 28 October 2015

Tax matters

It is another short one today as I spent most of the day fannying around going into and out of town trying to sort out a tax number for my accountant who, helpfully, only told me I needed it yesterday and I had a deadline of today to sort it. Standard. So, few pictures and words. Here goes.

Pre-sunrise
Pre-sunrise
Pre moon-set
Pre moon-set
It was a ridiculously early night last night, after the bad sleep the night before and stress of the day yesterday. We fell asleep quickly but Louise had other thoughts as she did not like being shut in her cage and she cried for about 2 hours before A gave in and let her out. I think I slept well after that however I woke up feeling really tired still. Tonight it is my responsibility if she cries and I will not be letting her in bed with us. It was a clear morning with no mist which made me think it'd not be as nice today and I wasn't wrong for half of it as it clouded over early. It ended up being gorgeous though.

Radiator for Room 13
Radiator for Room 13
Before we did anything this morning I had A unwrap the radiator for Room 13 and then we struggled for quite a while to get it fitted. I ended up having to climb the ladder as the whole thing fell down and really I shouldn't have done this before a brew but never mind. At least now we have our radiator in and we have another straight to go in the living room.

Pile of wood getting smaller
Pile of wood getting smaller
A went out to get the men and I debated for a while before going out to collect kindling but I'm glad I did it. I also emptied the humanure bucket that was over-full and then, just before they were due back, came inside to light the petchka though it wasn't really flaming up much in time. I did some washing up as well and generally got my chores done. I also tried to work but got stuck because of other people, as usual.

Riveting work
Riveting work
I stayed glued to my computer until I got so fed up with the problems I decided to check out what the men were doing, having not even said good morning to them yet. Sally was now on with drilling and riveting the metal sheets to cover the doors. They look amazing though we will have to paint them as that isn't stainless metal.

Still digging holes
Still digging holes
Gyuner was still working away at the holes, making them larger and deeper now Bekir had seen just how rocky the soil was. There's obviously still a problem there but today Gyuner was happier and later in the day he was actually working with Bekir to clean out and finish off the drainage by the back door. I really hope this silliness passes.

Bekir is back on the roof
Bekir is back on the roof
Bekir was on the roof again and carrying on the work on the chimney. He had said that he would need to pop into town later today to get some more mortar and I'd also said I wanted to insulate the water tank and pipes which he agreed was a great idea. It was nice to see him up there again; it reminded me of last year.

So I headed into town to meet Lyubo the architect who had kindly agreed to help me with this tax thing. We waited a while for our ticket to come up and then it got a bit confusing and he thought we had to go and get something from my company; I was not convinced so when I got home (after dropping him at his car) I contacted my accountant to find out the truth. It took a while to resolve this but in the mean time it was lunch time and then Bekir wanted to go to town so we headed down. First of all it was past the police station to register the gun which was painless; the copper who did it had an AC/DC poster on the wall, and glamour models as well. He also spoke a small amount of English and was very nice indeed. After this it was a quick trip to the normal shop and then back.

We got a hole in our roof
We got a hole in our roof
I did some more work and then finally got the answers about this tax office thing, with the accountant offering to talk to the people at the tax office when I got there. On the way I checked out what Bekir was doing and found a nice big hole in the roof tiles that he was lagging and getting ready to bricklay on. Good progress.

To cut a long story short it turned out that the form which Lyubo had so kindly helped me fill out earlier then left with was actually all I needed. I was going to get my accountant to help me complete it however the man behind the counter told me to go do it and he'd help if needed. What a lovely country and lovely people. I walked out not long after holding the certificate and feeling pleased with myself. So pleased that I went past Lidl and bought loads of things on top of my shopping list.

Garage doors hung
Garage doors hung
When I got back I found that Sally had hung the doors on the garage and was getting very close to finishing off. We have a catch on the inside to look them shut which is in place and then he'll just be bricking around the edges. They look brilliant and will do just fine; now I have to put power into the garage and get some lights up, though.

So I took the men home and the atmosphere was a little less edgy which was good. Bekir had recycled the tube light which A had found in the garage and is going to see if it works and put it in the shop in his village. Dinner was an awesome pile of mashed potatoes with pork chop and baked beans and now I'm going to send this up online and relax before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment