Sunday 12 March 2017

A quick weekend update

I'm going to do a quick update now as I don't want to have to include it, and remember things, when I do the midweek update; maybe this will be my new schedule while the workmen are here at least. There isn't a whole lot to say anyway so this'll be nice and quick I hope.

The potting table in the gardening room
The potting table in the gardening room
Thelma stole Rambo's ball
Thelma stole Rambo's ball
Home grown lettuce with Spud Omelette
Home grown lettuce with Spud Omelette
Tugging on the still whole toy
Tugging on the still whole toy
After it broke
After it broke
Louise comes to give me a cuddle
Louise comes to give me a cuddle
I was left a list of things to do on a daily basis just to make sure I didn't forget anything (I've yet to do Thelma's ear drops tonight but will get that done very soon) but I also had a list of things on my own that I wanted to do. One of my tasks was to plant out the tomato seedlings which have been germinating in a box and so I set myself up a table in the gardening room, by the window where there is good light, and prepared two seed trays. I should have done four as I've still got a load to do. I'll get them done next week probably. The rest of the day I spent working on a surprise for A so there's no pictures yet; I'll get them up once A has seen it in the flesh. Suffice to say that I completed the job and it looks marvellous. In between working I played with the puppies but I wasn't able to go onto the back bank as it was a filthy day. For dinner I cooked up a lovely omelette (to use up the huge backlog of eggs we now have) with potatoes and bacon and onions and mushrooms and cheese and chillis. It was superb. I was supposed to be going out last night but, after getting ready and being just about to set off, the sniffles and illness I had been feeling all day suddenly collapsed onto me so I decided against it. I went to bed early but not before playing with the puppies for a bit more and it was Louise who actually finally destroyed the green tug toy. It is now in three pieces and has become a "fetch" toy instead.

The sun shows under a raft of cloud
The sun shows under a raft of cloud
Flowers out on the windowsill in the morning sun
Flowers out on the windowsill in the morning sun
The twin room ready for clearing
The twin room ready for clearing
Everything but the sofa moved out
Everything but the sofa moved out
Thelma rolled in something all over her back and neck
Thelma rolled in something all over her back and neck
Louise joined her, but only got her neck
Louise joined her, but only got her neck
When I woke up this morning I was very excited as the sun was coming up and I've not seen the sun for days;indeed I'm really feeling the lack of it. It brought on a burst of energy and before I'd even drunk my first brew I had done the washing up, cleaned out Sassy, put everything into the humanure and moved the plants outside into the sun. I finished my first brew, made a second and went upstairs to get stuck into the other task I had for myself which was to empty out the twin room. I think that Yulhan will be available to start work on this sometime this week which would represent the final room upstairs being dust-production free. It didn't take me long, though the beds weigh a tonne, and it was 9.30 when I sat down having completed everything chore-wise that I wanted to do. The puppies had been with me while I was working and they went outside afterwards, as did I as the sun was already starting to go away. Both of them found stuff to roll in and they were filthy!

Six river sections all painted and drying on the dining table
Six river sections all painted and drying on the dining table
Set up to paint all afternoon
Set up to paint all afternoon
The fruits of my labours
The fruits of my labours
Meat and one veg for dinner, with beer and book
Meat and one veg for dinner, with beer and book
The promise of the start of the day did not carry through and I ended up spending most of the day inside, other than going out for chores. That could be why I've got a bit of a thick head right now, or maybe the cold is still hanging around. Anyway for the afternoon I was hobbying and got a load done, while playing with the puppies and watching YouTube. I have managed to paint up the river sections so these are now ready for pouring water effects and I've also put the sand and paint onto the terrain which will hold the ferry keeper's cottage. Most of the afternoon I spent sat at my computer desk with the door open painting up some cavalry models. I started with them just undercoated and managed to get them all done, barring a few small things, in one sitting. Dinner was pork chops with potatoes and I hasten to add that most of the second chop was cooked for the puppies to have in their dinner.

I really love these little trees
I really love these little trees
I'll leave you with a photograph of the willows which A bought just before she headed off on holidays. They flowered beautifully, and we got them out for the bees if you remember, but now the blossom is dropping off and gorgeous green leaves are starting to sprout. So beautiful. It's really rubbish being here without her here but that's life; another week or so to go and that will give me time to get back into Room 13 (all things being equal) and get this kitchen completely tidied for her!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Nice and short.

      Another update tonight, unless the day goes like yesterday did :D

      Delete