Monday 14 August 2017

How long? (post by A)

Exactly three years, is the answer.

The question? How long ago did I leave London for  Bulgaria?

Three years have flown by and I can hardly begin to tell you what a great decision it was. There have been rough, smooth, funny, sad and all that comes in between; not to mention, damned hard work. However, if you asked me to do it again I would, in a heartbeat.

We have gone from this:

Old, Old School
To this, in under three years; what a transformation! This does not show any of the internal work and is merely the tip of the iceberg. What a journey.

New, Old School
The only internal photo I will put up today is the one of Christmas in the new living room, which is still a wonderful room and one which we really need to make more use of, now that our living space is growing - I guess that is the problem when you have so many rooms to choose from.

Cosy at Christmas
Life could not be better. This is obviously aided by my lovely Beard - what a great idea he had that day when he asked me to come and join him. I am sure there have been times when he wished he hadn't and I am sure there are times when he is very glad.  The important thing is that we make it through all of those times and it just gets better each day.  Look at us, how can it have been anything but a good move?

New Year's Eve

Enjoying some music

We are a little cold here

Going to the beach!
Amidst the work, the blood, the sweat and the tears we still manage to have a bit of fun, which is exactly what life should be about.  I think we have it nailed.  What a team.

Snow angels, in a vest

This warms my heart

Pepper lady

Enjoying the view

Ming, the climbing chicken
Three years. THREE. I cannot even tell you how much it only feels like yesterday. Packing in my job (one which I loved) and my flat (which I also loved) was a huge step, way back then and it was terrifying. I needn't have wasted any of those sleepless nights at all.  Here is to many, many more with my wonderful Beard and the little animal family.

I will leave you with the obligatory sunset picture; one which is beautiful on screen and breathtaking in real life.

Amazing




7 comments:

  1. Cannot tell you how glad I am that you are with me on this wonderful adventure; as I tell you to your face you have made this thing even better than I ever expected it could possibly be xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so good of you both to share your journey with the world. I always look forward to reading about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done?

    Anything you miss about the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chinese food lol. But not really. What's to miss?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Caffe Nero Didsbury! A friend of yours just put me on to your blog! Immense!! Good luck and wishing you many more happy years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are thinking of buying an old school house in BG and came across your wonderful blog. The only stumbling block I foresee is the language which terrifies me. How are you doing at learning it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - only just seen this comment in the for review section of the blog site - sorry for the delay.

      We were doing lessons last year for half the year but then life (my work, actually) got in the way and we were supposed to start again this year but haven't yet.

      I also use "memrise" which I'm finding very useful.

      The thing about the people here is they are very pleased that you are trying to learn and will do their best to help you if you are making an effort. Certainly that is the case where we are.

      Good luck with your purchase and please get in touch via the form to the right if you find a place; I can give specific advice for the purchase process.

      Cheers

      Delete