Wednesday 26 September 2018

Today we bought the other Mountain House

I'm doing a quick blog tonight to make sure that this date is remembered as today I went through the purchase process for the house next door up in the mountains. Now, I hope, these purchases are done. I need to start saving again.

I've a few odd pictures to go through as well, I forgot to check my main camera for the last update so that's what they are.

We were so sure that was a bird of prey
We were so sure that was a bird of prey
Swift on the wing
Swift on the wing
First of all a couple of pictures taken one morning sat on the balcony for our breakfast tea. We were both sure that a bird was sat on the top of a tree on the edge of our land, so sure I ran to get the main camera and the long zoom. Of course after snapping a bunch of photographs it was clear that it was only a particularly shaped section of the trunk and not a bird at all. The swifts flying around, however, very much are birds. I'm pretty pleased with this shot.

The beautiful rainbow effect is on the right
The beautiful rainbow effect is on the right
I zoomed in but only had my phone with me
I zoomed in but only had my phone with me
Next up one evening while our last friends were here there was the most amazing rainbow effect on one a cloud during the sunset. I've never seen something like this and forgot to add picture to the last update so I wanted to share it.

Pink fluffy clouds
Pink fluffy clouds
Fog in the valley
Fog in the valley
Morning cuppa
Morning cuppa
Right now autumn has struck with a vengeance and there's no sitting on the balcony for morning brews however we had a good run of lovely starts to the day and I got into the habit of snapping a picture of the beautiful sunrises. I'm considering doing another year of photographs next year, with a morning photograph every day of wherever I am at. We shall see.

A lovely place for a spot of reading
A lovely place for a spot of reading
Bekci hiding from the heat
Bekci hiding from the heat
Spot Louise
Spot Louise
 Cracked waterproofing layer
Cracked waterproofing layer
Applying the new coat
Applying the new coat
Hot work, and uncomfortable
Hot work, and uncomfortable
My new book for SBG arrived so I took it up onto the top bank to read while Bekci sheltered from the heat under a nearby tree. Even Louise made her way up to join us. I've also ordered some stuff to put onto Thomas' roof to seal him and prevent the damage from the water that has really got bad this year. It was VERY hot doing this, and now it has been so windy that I've not got to do the next coat yet.

Last evening of summer - BBQ
Last evening of summer - BBQ
Burgers and chicken nearly ready
Burgers and chicken nearly ready
The sun starts to sink
The sun starts to sink
I love how the cloud is outlined here
I love how the cloud is outlined here
An awesome shadow cast by the cloud
An awesome shadow cast by the cloud
The red moon rises
The red moon rises
Ghostly behind clouds
Ghostly behind clouds
Bright full moon
Bright full moon
We have our final guests of the year with us now, John and Dawn, and they arrived in time for a BBQ on what has turned out to be the final summer evening of the year; since then it's been blowing a gale and the temperature dropped 20 degrees from one day to the next. The BBQ was lovely, the sunset stunning, and the red moon that rose over the hills was amazing.

A winter cocoon for the puppies
A winter cocoon for the puppies
If you want evidence of how the weather changed, check out these puppies!

The view, with the property we bought today on the right
The view, with the property we bought today on the right
Our neighbour, his cows, and the house we bought the other day
Our neighbour, his cows, and the house we bought the other day
The new property; one falling down house and a solid barn
The new property; one falling down house and a solid barn
A celebratory dinner; very nice it was too
A celebratory dinner; very nice it was too
And so we get to today and some requested photographs of the views from up at the mountain house. I did the notary thing just after lunch, it look about 15 minutes from walking in the door to walking out, and then headed up the mountain with John and Dawn. On the way we picked up a lady from our village and gave her a lift up, for which she was very grateful. It was very blowy up there, though I think down at the Old School is actually gustier, and we spent some time walking around enjoying it. The neighbour greeted us and then as we were leaving gave me a bag of chicken eggs; these people never fail to blow me away with how generous and welcoming they are. This evening we've been for food and now I'm going to sign this off and go and sit with them for the rest of the evening.

Cheers for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yeah it's pretty special :) I love it up there; can't wait to see it in the snow!

      Delete
  2. What will you do with the new properties, turn them into holiday rentals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not fully decided yet, though we won't be doing that. Initially they will be developed as a retreat for us if the noise from the nightclub gets too much again, and maybe a place friends can stay in if they want.

      Delete