Thursday 6 May 2021

Final day of the week

 Today, May 6th, is St Georges day over here and at about 5.45 (or maybe even earlier) the gypsies in a village a few miles up the valley kicked off their music that they had only stopped at 11pm last night. It is still going as I type this update. This holiday also means Rosie was off school again.

Getting started first thing
Getting started first thing
The two containers are built
The two containers are built
Bekir out of sight doing the pointing
Bekir out of sight doing the pointing
More walls going up
More walls going up

Bekir arrived with a bit of bad news from his village and so he has taken tomorrow off so today it was all about getting as much done before the weekend. The first task was to finish the tall walls around the humanure collection points. This took most of the morning as there was quite a lot of cutting of blocks and fine work to get it completed, and then Bekir filled in all the gaps and holes inside. We also discussed the doors and have decided on metal doors which should look good I think. After that task was completed they moved to the far end of the patio and started on the return. It is surprising me a little just how much of a drop-off there was on the old patio. We've worked out what to do for the drainage, however, which is good; we'll have some raised beds below the walls and drain into those.

The end of our lunch
The end of our lunch
Father/Daughter mowing time
Father/Daughter mowing time
I got all this finished before the end of the day
I got all this finished before the end of the day

As Rosie was off school today Angela took her up to our favourite restaurant mid morning to play on their playground and I legged it up there to have my lunch. It was very busy, but a lovely time and Rosie had the best time. After work I pulled the mower out and made a start on the next time round; Rosie got her little bubble mower that my Mum had bought her for Christmas and she briefly followed me around also mowing. It was super awesome! After dinner and washing up I did a little more mowing and I've done the first two sections. Tomorrow I'll be over to the second part with longer grass and there is forecast rain on Saturday so I need to get it done.

So there you are; I'll be back with an update on Monday. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment