Tuesday 28 September 2021

Chopping Wood

After the long update yesterday, a far shorter one today. I almost forgot to write it and it is late as I sit here however it just is a short update anyway.

A few minutes after getting home. Finally!
A few minutes after getting home. Finally!
Sun-shadow into the sky at dawn
Sun-shadow into the sky at dawn
Rosie bouncing and bouncing and bouncing
Rosie bouncing and bouncing and bouncing

Last night, eventually, Angela and Rosie arrived. I had dinner waiting on the table and then Rosie got to go on her trampoline and she LOVED it!!! First thing this morning she was not wanting to wake up or get out of bed until I reminded her of the trampoline and then she jumped up and was straight up and bouncing. What a brilliant thing.

Bekir smiling away at the start of the day
Bekir smiling away at the start of the day
Lots of hard work
Lots of hard work
Chopped lots, but much more left to do
Chopped lots, but much more left to do
Rosie playing with chalks
Rosie playing with chalks

The workmen were in today after their long break and they spent pretty much the whole day cutting and splitting wood. I was hoping that some less skilled workers would come along with them to do this as I've plenty that I want them to do however getting that wood done and undercover is a really high priority now. It is probably another couple of days of work as it stands so here's hoping more workers decide to come along. I was very busy all day but I stopped dead on 4pm and went outside and had a glorious two hours running around the garden playing catch you and hide and seek and drawing on the patio with chalks. Rosie didn't let me out of her sight and she didn't stop talking the entire time. It is SO good to have them home!

Angela was able to spend that time outside (dead heading flowers) with us as well and she was laughing so much (and so was I) at the "hide and seek" technique. When I hid, Rosie said "you hide there, by the tree stump" and then she found me straight away. However when it was HER turn to hide I went to the wrong place a few times "is Rosie here?" and every time Rosie piped up "no, daddy! I'm over here!" Seriously it was awesome. 

So there you are; back to the normal short updates. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Is there a massive price difference over there to justify ordering meter lengths and then pay someone to cut and chop them, as compared to ordering chopped wood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question, and one that is not very easy to answer. We've ordered both over the years. Last year we ordered pre-split and it wasn't great quality and we did not end up with all that much wood despite ordered "20 cubic". This wood this year is very good quality, super dry and hard and will burn really well and we have ended up with probably twice as much split wood stacked up.

      IF the QUALITY of the wood was identical it would be worthwhile buying it pre-split, but ordering about 50% larger volume. But it isn't. So it remains a tough choice as paying for it to be split isn't cheap.

      Maybe I should get a machine to do the cutting and splitting :D

      Delete