Tuesday 2 August 2022

A normal day

Today has been normal, which is a huge relief after yesterday. Let's get to it as I'm pretty exhausted still to be fair.

Clouds over hills with dawn between
Clouds over hills with dawn between
Still smouldering slightly
Still smouldering slightly
This gap was previously blocked by tangles brambles
This gap was previously blocked by tangles brambles
Now it is blocked by stones
Now it is blocked by stones

I woke too early, at the usual time, to see the pre-dawn and watch the sun rise. Once Rosie was up and I was out I went to check the burned area, and also to fill a huge gap in the wall that had been revealed when all the brambles burned yesterday. I did find a small area still smoking slightly so after I had filled in the gap with some rocks gathered from around the area I grabbed a bucket of water and doused the smoking cinders. The thing that pleased me most is I did not see any indication that our tortoises got caught up in the fire; it seems they were sensible and ran away.

Throwing wood out of the window
Throwing wood out of the window
And stacking it outside
And stacking it outside
Bekir sweeps out some rubble
Bekir sweeps out some rubble
Bekir working around the door
Bekir working around the door
The old frame has been removed
The old frame has been removed
New cement for the door jamb
New cement for the door jamb
Bekir chipping out along another crack
Bekir chipping out along another crack

We had an extra workman in today who was (very slowly, to be fair) moving the wood from our inside wood store and stacking it up outside. I suggested that he throw the wood through the window then later put it in a barrow however he did this one load at a time, which does defeat the point. Angela also noticed and I will probably have a word tomorrow. Bekir and Halil were working away still on the interior of the chicken house, sweeping out and putting more cement in to fix the holes in the wall. Quite early in the day Halil and I went in Maisie to get a new spare tyre and also get the little windscreen ding sorted out, and while we were out Bekir cracked on with removing the old door and repairing around it. There's still a fair bit of repair work to do as some of the cracks have not yet been fixed and at the end of the day Bekir chiselled another crack so it can be properly repaired.

Fluffy clouds
Fluffy clouds

I'll leave you with this picture of the sky today; it's good to be able to appreciate what we have so much. Angela had a lovely (but tiring) day with Rosie who is off school on holiday and they got into the pool today however I didn't sadly. Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment