Tuesday 25 February 2014

Meal planning

Right, this blog is ACTUALLY me doing the planning. I'm going to type it up as I think it through and summarise at the end what I think I need.

Fun, huh.

Barms
Barms
So we are going to be leaving Blackpool on the Sunday to drive to the parents and then going on from there on the Monday. I don't think I need to plan for food on that Sunday or the Monday morning (we can make use of my parents house) so that is good.

Monday we'll be heading towards the ferry and then onwards afterwards; I think we'll need lunch that day. Our evening meals we are thinking of eating at the service station we stay in.

Bacon
Bacon
It is then another five days of driving until we arrive in Bulgaria; I'm going to consider that it may take seven days. This means that, including that first lunch, we'll need eight lunches and seven breakfasts.

Right, so what are we going to be eating?

Eggs
Eggs
Breakfast: 4 barms, 8 rashers of bacon, 4 eggs.
Lunch: 4 barms, 4 slices of ham, 4 slices of cheese, 3 cuppa soup, 1 packet crisps (for crisping our butties), 3 chocolate bars.

Crap ham
Crap ham
So in total that makes 28 barms, 56 rashers of bacon, 28 eggs for breakfast and 32 barms, 32 slices of ham, 32 slices of cheese, 24 cuppa soups, 8 packets of crips and 24 chocolate bars.

Cheese slices
Cheese slices
Hmm that sounds about right.

I don't think I'll be buying all the barms up front; maybe just get enough for the first three or four days. Everything else I'll buy and pack into place so I can ensure it is packed so as our supplies dwindle, the remaining items don't shift around as we drive.

Cuppa soup
Cuppa soup
That's a fair amount of food, and I'll also be buying a large bag of tea bags, a bottle of instant coffee, a bottle of hot chocolate and a litre of UHT milt.

Crisps
Crisps
I'm also considering some small cartons of juice to spice up the journey and lunch times; maybe I'll get 48 of them so we can have one each of them.

CHOCOLATE!
CHOCOLATE!
Well, this has been a good exercise in thinking it all through; I can now put this out of my mind and move onto other issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment