Thursday 19 May 2016

Everything is growing


Thursday already! Where does the week go to?

So where did I leave you? Oh yes, I was pretty tired on Tuesday evening and it was a late dinner, at almost 9pm before I managed to eat and straight to bed. Never mind. I am determined that it will not be that late tonight. Let's begin:

Firstly, on Monday morning, Bekir's first job was to set the sump up and get it ready for operation as the kitchen waste will go through it once connected and in use. I was asked to get a video to show Himself but due to me not being quite as savvy as he, I had to wait to publish because I was not confident with the editing software. So here it is. Isn't it amazing how you don't think you sound how you do until you hear it?


Wednesday:  
I had received a message on Twitter to say I would be having guests on Wednesday evening, so I decided that I wanted to have a quick tidy round before they came, as I had not done the complete process on Sunday and so my living room in particular was a bit of a state!

The men got started and stuck in very quickly and Bekir's tiling progress was fantastic. He of course said it was more to do with the tiles being big and that he had little cutting to do that day, but it still was lovely to see.

Getting stuck in
Getting stuck in
Sally had also made a start on the corridor area and was able to only complete plastering the ceiling for the bathroom due to final bits of plumbing to be done. He did however make a start in the corridors and also smoothed out the surfaces in the cubicles in preparation for that plastering.

As far as he can go
As far as he can go
It really did not take long for Bekir to get right down the back of the island section. By the and of the day he had all but the last row laid and probably only didn't get that done due to the cutting required.

Flying
Flying
As I mentioned, I had things to be getting along with. One of them was to try to make sure the mattresses that we gave to the workmen whilst they were here were not getting caked in dust.  Whilst this room is sealed a bit more than it was, there is still a lot of dust around the whole building. I lifted that all on my own, as well.

Flying
Protection
After quite a session, the living room was almost presentable! It is a big room and I forget how long it takes just to hoover it. I had to scrub the tiles under the two seater because we may have put a little bit too much water in out pots and it has gone down the wall and stained the tiles at some point. Oopsie! I best get the bleach out before he comes back to clean the walls.

Much tidier
Much tidier
The landing was also being used as a bit of a dumping ground for all sorts of things; mine and his. My main concern was to tidy all of the stuff from the top of the pool table and get it hoovered and cleaned so that I could cover it over. All of the bits and bobs on top and underneath it were things he had ordered or collected to use with his model railway, so I re-homed those all into their new room. He will find absolutely nothing here when he gets back. This happened last time he was away too! :)

Cleared of boy-stuff
Cleared of boy-stuff
As I mentioned, I had guests arriving just after I got back with the men. I showed them around the building and I think they were very impressed with the progress since their last visit (I think around two years ago).  We opened a bottle of wine and a couple of beers and sat for a lovely couple of hours on the balcony chatting through their plans to move here next year, having purchased a house not far away. It was a really lovely evening and a shame that himself missed it. How and ever, I am sure there will be plenty of future opportunities.  I was pretty tired again and considered not eating because I was lazy, but after they left I persuaded myself to at least have half a pizza. There was no pizza left for breakfast this morning.

Thursday:
Today was a work day and I had a very restless night, awakened initially by Sassy banging in her hutch so much that I had to actually go out onto the balcony and tell her to shut up. After that I struggled to get back over to sleep again but finally dropped off at some point.

As I got back I explained to Sally that after he had finished doing what he was doing in the corridor that perhaps he might re-do the finishing around the bedroom window and door that we had to have replaced a little while ago. There was only a small amount of patching up to do and when he saw it he just got stuck straight in. He was back and forth a few times in the day to work on it.

Touch up
Touch up
I had set my own task today for in between work to separate out the lettuce seedlings. There were loads of them and all bunched together, they were not growing very well. So here we have only one box; there are two. If we manage to eat all of this when it grows we will be beach ready in no time at all!

Separation
Separation
New beds
New beds
Bekir also came up this morning and was having a look around in the bedroom to see what Sally needed to do. He remembered that Himself had asked him to reattach the outdoor plug socket which had been removed for the insulation to go on. He also noticed that the hatch edging needed to be tidied up and left finished, so Sally moved straight onto that after he had finished the bedroom. There are lots of little tidying up jobs to be done on the inside now which will benefit us more now the outside is complete.

Edging
Edging
Today I was a bit surprised with what Bekir had been doing. At first glance I was disappointed that after yesterday's enormous progress, today seemed very slow. It was only on my second look that I noticed how much cutting of tiles he would have had to have done and after he had secured the tiles around the various archways, he laid about a third of the tiles required for the snug area. Great!

Lots of cutting
Lots of cutting
I was late today because I almost forgot, but luckily before I was reminded, in taking the daily photograph. On my way back I went to have a look at the little flower bed we had dug out and I was cursing at all of the weeds amongst the flowers when I noticed this little beauty. When I planted the seeds out I just mixed a load of seeds into a pot and sprinkled them, not realising at all what the flowers were or anything.  Isn't it pretty?

Very pretty
Very pretty
I also took a bit of water up to the garden. I am absolutely horrified at the growth of the sections between the beds in here, especially as he was down on his hands and knees with a sickle only three or four weeks ago trimming it down for me. Why is it that is is only the weeds grow this fast? So this will be a task for me over the long weekend and I am hoping it stays dry in order to get it done.

Overgrown
Overgrown
We have had tomato plants indoor in bloom and I noticed that a couple of flowers are now showing on the ones outside. It won't be long now!

Flowers
Flowers
I have just finished eating, earlier today and so I am going to leave you to read this and enjoy the last half an hour of the sun on the balcony with two very bored puppies. Tomorrow will be a busy one as well. No rest for the wicked, eh?

Leka nosht.
A x

No comments:

Post a Comment