Tuesday 1 May 2018

So very close to finished

Another update covering two days, but an update that needs to be finished quickly; I got back from dropping the men just now, sat in the reclining chair in the kitchen, and promptly fell asleep. I'm pretty tired. I had a dreadful night last night with music waking me after an early night and I was awake from 11pm until nearly 4am; not good.

Breakfast on the Balcony
Breakfast on the Balcony
Beautiful Dippy Duck Eggs
Beautiful Dippy Duck Eggs
Thelma with duck shit on her neck
Thelma with duck shit on her neck
A loving her art room, and her art
A loving her art room, and her art
The puppies love it also
The puppies love it also
Clive up on the bathroom windowledge
Clive up on the bathroom windowledge
Awesome Iskander for dinner
Awesome Iskander for dinner
Good night day off
Good night day off
Anyway, yesterday was a day off from the men as Bekir had paperwork to complete however A forgot and still got up at the usual time. Once she got over this we headed onto the balcony with dippy duck eggs which were absolutely lovely. The rest of the day was taken up with Thelma getting a shitty neck, A painting in her new awesome room, Thelma and Louise enjoying the awesome new room, me working, Clive standing on the bathroom window and then us going out for an Iskander in the evening. It was a good day, and nice to have time off from the workmen and be able to relax again.

Thelma and Louise still sleeping
Thelma and Louise still sleeping
Fitting plugs
Fitting plugs
Grouting onwards
Grouting onwards
I was still asleep when A headed to get the men but was up and about by the time she got back, though I wouldn't say I was strictly awake. The puppies had also struggled to wake up, apparently. The first job for Bekir of the day was to remove the four plug sockets in the art room and replace them with the plugs A had bought that wouldn't pull of the wall. Mesut and Hikmet were both working on the grouting, with Hikmet cleaning up and Mesut putting new stuff just ahead of him; a well oiled team.

One grouts while one cleans
One grouts while one cleans
Chasing the hoover
Chasing the hoover
Sweeping up before grouting
Sweeping up before grouting
Grouting done, just the cleaning
Grouting done, just the cleaning
Thelma play time in the corridor
Thelma play time in the corridor
The rest of the day was a haze of excitement as we edged closer and closer to final completion. The grouting was shooting along while Bekir was making steady progress with the sockets in the Gaming Room having finished up for A in the Art Room. She was able to take a bit of time in there again today in breaks from her work, which was ideal. Bekir was using Henry to tidy up, rather than sweeping, and the girls got involved with that as they often do. The corridor being cleared is also awesome for Thelma as she can really easily play with her ball along it.

I'm even more excited than I look
I'm even more excited than I look
Lending a hand to lift it on top
Lending a hand to lift it on top
Base units for the gaming table brought through
Base units for the gaming table brought through
The units are in place
The units are in place
At the end of the day I thought briefly that maybe we would actually complete everything today but moving all the shelving units in would have pushed another hour or two out of the day however I did get them to make a start carrying stuff in and getting the units in place. It's so exciting to see how well they fit together! With the wall units in I started thinking about putting the gaming table up tonight so got them to help lift the base for that in however I've since realised that I need to leave that clear until the shelving unit next to it is done. I am chuffed to bits and if I wasn't so tired I'd be in there straight after this starting to make use of the units.

Patience, grass hopper.

Digger man working away
Digger man working away
Sun into the clouds
Sun into the clouds
Taking the men home I encountered a digger on our lane and it is still working away now as the darkness gathers. I'm not 100% sure what it is doing so we'll find out in the morning. There was more roadworks on one of the bridges between here and the men's village and when I got back it was nearly time for dinner and as I said above I fell asleep on the recliner. We had lovely Chicken and Rice for dinner, sat on the balcony as the sun sank into the clouds gathering on the horizon.

We'll have all the men back tomorrow and hopefully that'll be the last of it, with maybe another day from Bekir if he doesn't get all the little things completed tomorrow. How awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment