Sunday 29 April 2018

A very relaxing and enjoyable weekend

Hey all, I'm sat here Sunday evening after playing a game (we're actually half way through it) and I'm pretty tired but gonna power through this update. We do not have the workmen tomorrow either so I'll probably not update tomorrow as well.

A really hazy start to the day
A really hazy start to the day
A is so excited about her room
A is so excited about her room
There was so much dust, even after the men swept up
There was so much dust, even after the men swept up
Thelma "helping" me to hoover the corridor
Thelma "helping" me to hoover the corridor
Time to relax in the sun
Time to relax in the sun
Saturday dawned a bit chilly and quite hazy. The sun was out, though, and while the breeze was cold when the clouds let it through the sun was warm. A headed into the Art Room with Henry and cleaned up the dust; I gave a quick hand with reaching the higher parts of the windows where the old stickers are now peeling off having been in direct sunlight for 4 years. After this A headed in to town to do some shopping and while she was out I grabbed Henry and set to on the corridors and Room 13; it was pigging and that being done makes such a difference. I did spot that my laziness about plug sockets was a mistake and A picked up another fourteen double sockets (my Business Partner will know my addiction to never being short of plug sockets) of the better type so Bekir will have to redo them in the Art Room. A got back after quite a mission in town and around lunch time I headed down to read and then snooze in the sun on the swinging chair.

An artist at work
An artist at work
Puppies asleep, mirroring each other
Puppies asleep, mirroring each other
Thelma mid Thelma-roll
Thelma mid Thelma-roll
Louise loves getting fusses
Louise loves getting fusses
Thelma hates having her picture taken
Thelma hates having her picture taken
Such a wonderful space for A
Such a wonderful space for A
Tired but ready to play a game
Tired but ready to play a game
I did some model work in Room 13 while A headed into the Art Room to paint and after a while I went through, dragged a chair in, and sat to watch and enjoy spending time with her. The sun was out by now and the puppies fell asleep on the rug, mirroring each other as they so often do. It even got a little bit warm and so they were shifting in and out of the sun, and Thelma had some huge rolls on the rug. Louise was in a clingy mood, as always, and jumped up to see me several times. Thelma, for her part, hates having her picture taken and this is the look you get when you persist in snapping pictures. This room is amazing though; A was commenting on how much she loves it and I really enjoyed sitting in there with her; I had to drag myself out and back to my hobby bench as I wanted to get her minis finished for a game on Sunday. We had a short game after dinner which went badly with poor dice rolls but was still fun; it was new forces for both of us and it's good to mix it up, but we were both pretty tired so went to bed after that.

Morning Selfie time
Morning Selfie time
Sassy eating some weeds from the Olive tree
Sassy eating some weeds from the Olive tree
On the lounger waiting for Sassy to go back in
On the lounger waiting for Sassy to go back in
I slept badly, there was music from a wedding again (as there is now) but didn't lie in too much and we headed onto the balcony with our morning cups of tea. It was again a lovely morning with quite  a chill breeze blowing in but it was nice enough to stay out for a while. We let Sassy out to hop around and she was having a great time howevr when it cam time to go inside she hid and I had to find her and put her back in her run manually. I spent the rest of the morning painting miniatures and relaxing as you should on a Sunday.

Another quick game
Another quick game
Louise is snoozing while we play
Louise is snoozing while we play
Thelma is happiest playing
Thelma is happiest playing
The rest of the day was spent playing another quick game and then A painted while I did some miniature stuff and went and sat with her for a bit again. We also went onto the balcony to catch the sun and play with the puppies, though Louise was more interested in cuddles than chasing anything apart from Thelma's tail. It was a lovely day by now, though the breeze was still quite high. This is the way to spend a Sunday afternoon for sure.

Eating dinner on the balcony again
Eating dinner on the balcony again
An amazing beef stew - so tasty!
An amazing beef stew - so tasty!
One caterpillar, and a dead tree
One caterpillar, and a dead tree
Watering with the rain water
Watering with the rain water
Ready for another game
Ready for another game
Bright moon behind tree branches. Honest
Bright moon behind tree branches. Honest
We ate our dinner sat on the balcony and it was an amazing stew that A concocted and served in our Kavarma pots. The sun was still shining and it was great to sit there however we suddenly noticed that one of the trees, one of the ones I photographed for the last blog no less, is dead in the orchard! I headed down after dinner to water the trees and found no evidence of any attack apart from one solitary caterpillar. I can't believe it has been killed so quickly. As I watered around I checked and found no evidence of any other attacking creature. Gutted. We then set up for another game and this is now half way through as we were both too tired to finish it. I came through here and the moon was glorious however I wasn't able to get a good shot of the moon and the Tea Tree branches, so this is what you get.

So there you are - a really cool weekend but now I'm shattered so it's time for bed. I'll probably be back on Tuesday so don't wait for an update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment