Tuesday 24 April 2018

A different day

Hey there, this one will be a shorter one as frankly I want to get this out the door quickly as I'm tired; also I may go to every other day for these updates as its starting to impact on time I want to spend with A. Onwards.

A temporary hobby station for this morning
A temporary hobby station for this morning
One poppy by our gate
One poppy by our gate
A line of smoke or mist across the valley
A line of smoke or mist across the valley
We were woken at 3.30am by Louise who was once again sick in the bed and while I stayed in bed and tried to get back to sleep it just wasn't happening. I went into Room 13 and got a nice chunk of hobbying out of the way as the sun rose. I had a meeting planned for over the usual taking the men home time so I collected them today, stopping at the gate to snap a picture of a single poppy and then again at the top of the Cheren Put to get some pictures across the valley. I do love going on the morning run but it totally threw my routine and I didn't do my chores as I normally would. I was delayed in the return by going to the builders merchant to grab more tiles and other supplies.

Hikmet back to chipping away
Hikmet back to chipping away
Mesut painting in the corners
Mesut painting in the corners
A huge moth on the balcony
A huge moth on the balcony
the corridor, in progress
the corridor, in progress
Bekir getting to the end
Bekir getting to the end
Takes four to move it
Takes four to move it
Bekir extricates himself
Bekir extricates himself
When we got back the men set to; Hikmet was up the scaffold chipping away at plaster, Mesut was painting the Art Room and Bekir was getting on with the tiling. I had another hellish start to the day but it eventually calmed down which was vital for my sanity. When I remembered to do my chores, or at least water the plants, I had to dash and get A to check out the amazing moth on the balcony doors. By this time Bekir was just laying the final tiles while Mesut was grouting in the corner into which the other unit would be placed. Talking of which I gave them a hand shifting this over; we did almost lose Bekir behind it which was very funny for everyone.

The storm gathers
The storm gathers
Games Room fully tiled
Games Room fully tiled
Art Room starting to come together
Art Room starting to come together
The lovely start to the day continued through most of it, I went out to the shops to get more paint as I've decided to have the walls in the Gaming Room done properly, and later on I was so exhausted from the early start that I took myself on to the swinging chair and dozed, but as the afternoon went on the clouds gathered and it felt more and more like rain. There was a huge storm going on somewhere and I've heard thunder a couple of times, though it hasn't hit us. My call was cancelled so I took the men back this evening, almost witnessing a stupid motorcyclist throw himself under the wheels of the petrol tanker I was following, and when I got back our dinner was ready and then I've sat and written this super quickly. Progress has been good today, and from tomorrow hopefully the edging can be done in the Games Room while Bekir can get on with the electrics in the Art Room.

For those of you who are concerned about Louise she has not thrown up since 3.30am and is indeed looking a lot brighter and back to her normal self. We're still keeping a close eye on her, and I was strict to keep her inside today so she wouldn't go and eat something she shouldn't, but our concerns are ebbing and we think she is recovering well.

I may be back tomorrow, but if not do not worry. Thanks for reading this short update.

No comments:

Post a Comment