Friday 13 April 2018

The end of the first week

A week of the workmen has passed and we're both looking forward to a weekend off from alarm calls and people being around however it has a great week of progress and when you think that it HAS only been a week it's even more awesome.

Ducks laying down in the road
Ducks laying down in the road
I have one picture that I forgot to include in the update last night; as I was getting set to take the men home (with my eyes streaming and feeling terrible) I was slightly delayed by ducks in the drive. They moved once Thomas started moving.

Propping up the trunking
Propping up the trunking
I was not feeling well this morning, after having a very disturbed night and being awake for several hours in the night. I tried to work first thing but it just wasn't going well and so I sat and sulked and felt terrible. I'd taken a pill to prevent the hay fever, and it has worked as today I've hardly sneezed and sniffled, but it has made my head feel like it's full of cotton wool all day. Bekir and the lads were well on with their work however I only got the one picture, of Bekir having propped up his trunking while he fixed it in place, before it got the better of me and I went back to bed.

Thelma found a spot in the sun
Thelma found a spot in the sun
The shelves are looking awesome
The shelves are looking awesome
Cement covering the channeling
Cement covering the channeling
Mesut continues with the cement
Mesut continues with the cement
Ceiling of the Art Room
Ceiling of the Art Room
Walls of the Art Room
Walls of the Art Room
When I woke up from my nap I found Louise was still curled up on the duvet with me but Thelma had abandoned me and was lying in the sun on the back of the sofa. She's so careful she doesn't touch the model plane that is sat on the windowsill. I stumbled around with the camera to take pictures while the kettle boiled as it was coffee time for the men. Hikmet was on with the second coat of paint on the large units while Mesut was continuing to chase Bekir around the room, putting cement and now plaster on top of the cabling. He's done a great job and had already finished the rough plastering in the Art Room.

Thelma and Louise snoozing in the sun
Thelma and Louise snoozing in the sun
Christmas present time, after Easter
Christmas present time, after Easter
The river is flowing fast
The river is flowing fast
A had gone out for coffee with a friend during the morning while I struggled and slept and then struggled but I was awake and set when she got back as we were out to meet SandS for lunch at our (old) favourite restaurant. While we have seen them since Christmas we've continually forgotten to bring the present we bought for their son and he loved it and has been playing with the pull along tortoise ever since. It was a super enjoyable relaxing lunch but had to be called to an end a little early as I was starting to flag quite badly.

Bekir fixing the cables to the ceiling lights in the Games Room
Bekir fixing the cables to the ceiling lights in the Games Room
Mesut polishing the walls
Mesut polishing the walls
Hikmet tucked in
Hikmet tucked in
When we got back, after a brief trip to the post office to collect a parcel with some toys for me, I caught up with some work which has suffered the past two days with this hay fever and caught up with how the men were getting on. Bekir was running power up to where the roof lights will go in the Gaming Room, Mesut was polishing the plastering he had been doing, and Hikmet was squeezed in between the two big storage units in the Art Room.

Thelma did this while I was snoozing
Thelma did this while I was snoozing
Such a huge smile from this Puppy
Such a huge smile from this Puppy
Spot the Louise
Spot the Louise
I gave up eventually with the effort to work as my brain just wasn't working and so I carried the hanging chair onto the front lawn, took a book, and spent a really superb awesome and valuable time reading then snoozing listening to the birds as they chase each other with the joy of spring. I was disturbed a few times by the girls barking at things, and then Clive came down and crowed in my ear. It was a lovely time, though, and look at how happy Thelma is (and the shitty neck as well). Louise was hiding in the grass. She's a funny little puppy.

After that point I was back to work and feeling a bit clearer headed; I had a bunch of calls which put the pressure onto A as she had to take the men as well as cooking. The one good thing was that my calls finished just as dinner was ready so we were able to go and sit and eat on the balcony. It was a wonderfully relaxing dinner and very pleasant with how quiet the early evening was. Since then I've been writing this update, also had another call, and A is already in bed so I'm going to wrap this up and go join her.

I'll probably not update tomorrow or Sunday so catch you again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment