Monday 16 April 2018

Clouding over for Monday

Update today is going to be a short one as I've not taken many pictures and anyway it's not been that varied a day.

Pre-dawn, the sun is in there behind the hills
Pre-dawn, the sun is in there behind the hills
The sun just clears the ridge
The sun just clears the ridge
There goes the sun
There goes the sun
I slept like a log and woke wishing to continue to sleep but the alarm had gone off and my bladder demanded I move and that was that. It was an overcast day, and has pretty much stayed that all day with threats of rain but none appearing. The overcast however still allowed for a very pretty sunrise which I grabbed pictures of as it progressed from pre-dawn when I first woke through to the sun finally disappearing into the haze. It actually did burn through a couple of times which was nice but not that often and now it's dark and cold so much that A lit the fire in Room 13.

Hikmet gets started on the next units
Hikmet gets started on the next units
Mesut getting some mixing done
Mesut getting some mixing done
Chipping out a hole for the light switches
Chipping out a hole for the light switches
Mesut puts cement on the walls
Mesut puts cement on the walls
Louise just heard A returning
Louise just heard A returning
What a beautiful picture; she's so talented!
What a beautiful picture; she's so talented!
Hikmet was moved into the Art Room to start putting paint onto the remaining two large storage units in there. Mesut continued with the cement work chasing Bekir around the Gaming Room while Bekir was working on the electrics still, now putting in the light switches for the Gaming Room. A headed down to collect a delivery from ekont while I was working and came back quickly. The work continued and I struggled with tiredness while A drew some AMAZING pictures including one inspired by the walk we took around the village on Sunday.

Cement machine puts itself away, watched by village men
Cement machine puts itself away, watched by village men
Mesut on with fixing the roof cabling
Mesut on with fixing the roof cabling
Hikmet and more painting
Hikmet and more painting
Bekir laughs at me taking pictures
Bekir laughs at me taking pictures
Mesut polishes some plaster
Mesut polishes some plaster
I had to go out and visit the solicitor to sort some stuff out for A's residency card and this visit ended up taking quite a lot longer than expected. I was delayed in the centre of the village by a cement mixing pouring onto the house that is being renovated there; I was greeted by several of the men of the village and waited and relaxed until they were done; it's a different pace of life here. When I got back it was revealed that Hikmet was low on paint and so A went out straight away to get some more. By the time she got back I was dead on my feet and went for a half hour lie down and slept like the absolute dead. When I woke it was time for my daily work meeting and then I took the men home. I got home to find the fire lit in Room 13 and we ate our dinner and now I've written this up.

So there you have it; there is every chance that tomorrow the tiles will start to go down - this is super exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment