Monday 23 April 2018

What a (birth)day!!!!

Today has been a hell of a day, I'm certainly pleased that we took the weekend to celebrate. It started out and ended brilliantly, it was just the bits in the middle that were tough. But onwards, and you shall see why.

The beautiful pre dawn
The beautiful pre dawn
Such a bright sunrise
Such a bright sunrise
Just before we knew she was sick
Just before we knew she was sick
So first thing we were both up really early as last night was a crazily early night. We were up at about 5am as Louise woke us but we weren't sure why at that point. The sun rose and it was glorious but chilly so we waited a little bit before going onto the balcony. It was still a bit chilly when we went out there so it was my turn to cuddle Louise but then when we put her down she threw up several times in short order and this was the start of the most stressful thread of what ended up being a stressful day.

It's a very big unit indeed
It's a very big unit indeed
These units are looking awesome
These units are looking awesome
Hikmet gets going on the scraping
Hikmet gets going on the scraping
Egg in a cup for breakfast
Egg in a cup for breakfast
One of the puppies throwing up, even twice in short order, isn't so unusual that it really worried us then so A went to collect the men and I did my chores with Louise trotting around after me as normal. When A got back we distributed the tasks and the men shifted the units around to clear space for them. I helped to carry the two in six hole units into the Games Room but A was busy cooking my breakfast so there's no picture. And what a breakfast it was - Egg in a Cup is my favourite way to start the day but it's a mission to make so I always appreciate it when its made for me. Hikmet, after helping with the shifting, got stuck into the next horrible task we have for him; scraping walls in the corridor. He does get the worst of the jobs.

This BLT was so awesome
This BLT was so awesome
Louise does not like visiting the vets
Louise does not like visiting the vets
The morning was crazy busy with work and also the fact that Louise kept throwing up and throwing up. It started to really concern us so after lunch (a lovely Bacon / Lettuce  / Tomato wrap I made myself) we headed into town with both the girls to the vets. We tricked Louise by taking another route to the vets but she started to panic as we parked up. I carried her in and calmed her down and she was very good through a temperature test and then there injections. Thelma had her ear checked and they were also a little bad so she got some drops. It was a panicky moment for us both and continued through the day.

Hikmet is scraping
Hikmet is scraping
Mesut edging the Art Room
Mesut edging the Art Room
So close to completed now
So close to completed now
We spent the afternoon alternating between thinking Louise was recovering, and then she threw up again. It was not a very happy afternoon. Progress around the building was going well, though, with Hikmet making better progress than expected on the scraping around the corridor while Mesut had finished the tiling in the Art Room and was now completing the edging; what a trooper. In the Games Room Bekir was making a really good go at finishing the tiling; unfortunately he ran out of tiles.

Poor sick-note Louise
Poor sick-note Louise
Hikmet up the scaffold
Hikmet up the scaffold
Relaxing in the garden again
Relaxing in the garden again
Flags being beautiful
Flags being beautiful
Louise was feeling very sorry for herself and we were getting very worried, particularly when one time she threw up there was a touch of blood in the bile. We were pretty sure that it was not from her stomach and Bekir suggested a splash of milk and this seemed to settle her stomach a lot. Back to the building progress, we had Hikmet up a scaffold scraping the top of the walls (the ceilings are so awesomely high here) and the tiling went on until they ran out of tiles; back to the shop tomorrow. A took Louise outside and she was running around and barking and looking so much happier which was a relief. I also noticed for the first time that the flags are showing colour now finally.

The table full of food from the neighbours
The table full of food from the neighbours
What a lovely time that was
What a lovely time that was
A huge lettuce as a gift
A huge lettuce as a gift
When I got back from dropping the men, which was only interesting in how long it took for me to drive back down the cheren put behind another vehicle, we headed over to the neighbours for a meal. I nearly share my birthday with the Special One however sadly he was still at work and not home yet however they wanted to celebrate with me so it was just a meal for me and A and it was a lovely time with lots of laughter; the food was great and they bought me a bottle of Rakiya which I will take with me to Islay to share with my friends over there. As we left we were given a lettuce to transplant into the garden which A put into a spud tower while I waited on the Roof Terrace, but more on that in the next paragraph.

A beautiful way to end the day
A beautiful way to end the day
Savoring the nose on this super beer
Savoring the nose on this super beer
Very happily pouring this wonderful beer out
Very happily pouring this wonderful beer out
The sun descends
The sun descends
Very pleased for this flower
Very pleased for this flower
Good night
Good night
I had saved myself a bottle of the Islay Ales, just the one, for a good time and this evening was that time. I took myself onto the roof terrace to get a picture of the sunset and then we decided to take a beer up and enjoy the evening and take some time together and just enjoy the evening. It was stunning, and the beer was awesome. We spotted some poppies growing in the big mound of earth at the back. Eventually the sun went down and Louise was shivering and we came inside and so I've been able to get this update out, even though I didn't expect to write it up.

And so there it is; the day is done, and now I'm heading to bed. Thank you for reading, and the birthday is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment