Thursday 12 April 2018

Hot day and hay fever (or a cold?)

I'm a bit late getting to start this update; I've been getting into the habit of doing a bit at lunch time and then the evening becomes easier but right now it's getting close to "taking the men home" time already and I'm only just starting. I've been sneezing and ill all day which hasn't helped so all my attention had had to go to working.

Rambo settled in the nook
Rambo settled in the nook
Thelma is not impressed and therefore is huffing
Thelma is not impressed and therefore is huffing
First of all a couple of pictures from last night; I was up in Room 13 doing some hobbying (more stuff on the CD Jewel Case bases and making a start on A's Iron Hills dwarves) while she sat downstairs watching some scary movie and Rambo joined her; he is really starting to settle down a lot more now and was very happy sat there. Thelma, on the other hand, was outraged and huffed until he left.

What another glorious start
What another glorious start
Stripy mist in the valley
Stripy mist in the valley
A gap ready for a plug socket to be fitted
A gap ready for a plug socket to be fitted
So much dust everywhere!
So much dust everywhere!
Awesome Dippy Duck Eggs on the balcony
Awesome Dippy Duck Eggs on the balcony
Double trouble cuddles
Double trouble cuddles
Mid shoveling sand
Mid shoveling sand
Mid mixing cement
Mid mixing cement
And so to today. It has been an absolutely glorious day today with barely a cloud in the sky all day. I was in town and it was 29 degrees! The sunrise was beautiful while the fog in the valley had laid itself out in lines. While A was out I did my chores and grabbed a couple of pictures, one to show some of the progress as of last night which I didn't get as I forgot and then it got dark, and one to show just how dusty this whole thing is. I also prepared for breakfast as, with it being glorious, dippy duck eggs were on the menu and how awesome they were as well. We sat on the balcony and enjoyed them while down at the sand pit the men were getting started mixing up cement for the day.

Lots of budding shoots
Lots of budding shoots
Really pleased with how well these are going
Really pleased with how well these are going
Hikmet continues to work on the units
Hikmet continues to work on the units
Bekir is running the ducting around the Games Room now
Bekir is running the ducting around the Games Room now
Mesut laughing at my taking his picture
Mesut laughing at my taking his picture
I stopped downstairs after breakfast before heading up to work to plant out the budding vines into little pots. I'm so excited by these, and Bekir gave me advice to keep them really moist so I'll be watering them often. There are loads, and almost all have already got buds and some have leaves! Very exciting. Inside Hikmet was still working on the large units, this time taking the old mini-shelves out and sanding down the insides a bit more. Bekir was back on with the wiring in the Games Room while Mesut was in the Art Room doing the cement work to fix the cabling out of the way. It was a very productive feeling Old School.

The first time this has happened this year
The first time this has happened this year
Hikmet starting to paint, though I switched him to a roller very quickly
Hikmet starting to paint, though I switched him to a roller very quickly
Mesut works quietly and very well indeed
Mesut works quietly and very well indeed
Louise sitting like a human, and grinning
Louise sitting like a human, and grinning
It really was an absolutely lovely day and I switched into shorts very early on. Bekir did tease me for how white my legs are but if I can get outside a bit more then that'll change. Hopefully this weather will last as well. Out in the corridor the remedial work had been completed on the units and Hikmet started painting. After seeing him using an old brush for this I went and found some rollers and the results improved immediately.  Mesut is really impressing me and he had quietly completed the cement work in the Art Room. Finally here is Louise sitting on her bum like a human; she is so damned cute and she knows it!

Sat in the sun wearing our sun hats
Sat in the sun wearing our sun hats
Cement over the cabling
Cement over the cabling
These really are very big units
These really are very big units
More electric work
More electric work
The Games Room as it was this evening
The Games Room as it was this evening
Lunch was spent sat on the patio and it really was so hot that my shirt came off and we had to put our straw hats on. Such a glorios day. After lunch A had a lie down and I headed out with Bekir to pick a few things up and when I got back I found Mesut was still going and was now working around the walls of the Games Room. He was rapidly catching up to Bekir's cabling work. Hikmet wiht his rollers was getting close to completing the first coat on every shelving unit, and Bekir had found time to fix the broken shelf in the far unit which surprised me as I hadn't known he was doing it. Bekir for his part was in the Games Room trying to stay ahead of Mesut, and channeling out so he could provide power into the extra distribution box I'm putting in to run the Model Railway from. The room is really coming together now and should be finished tomorrow so tiling can begin next week.

Mesut cleans up after Bekir
Mesut cleans up after Bekir
Bekir doing some final things before the day ends
Bekir doing some final things before the day ends
Hikmet starting on the second coat
Hikmet starting on the second coat
Bookending the blog with beautiful sun photographs
Bookending the blog with beautiful sun photographs
The men worked quite late today, but as per usual they tidied up fully after themselves. Final tasks around the wall kept Bekir a little and Hikmet was back to the first unit putting more paint on. They are really starting to look good now and maybe a third coat will see them right. The journey back was eventful enough with some very erratic driving from a taxi driver in front of us who Bekir actually knew, and then when I got back I got to start this update and then break for dinner of Bacon, Cabbage and Potato which we ate on the balcony while the sun went down.

I'm going to wrap this up now and go and play a game before an early night as this cold/hay fever thing has really battered me today.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Any cement mixers over there? looks like you could do with one.
    Regards Dan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep; I have one... they just don't like using it D:

      Delete