Sunday 22 April 2018

Pre Birthday weekend

Hey there, I'm back again and I have lots to go through and little motivation as I've just been out for an awesome lovely meal with A and I'd rather be sat with her; but I do want to keep this going so let's try and rush through it.

Cuppas on the balcony
Cuppas on the balcony
Shivering Louise getting a warming cuddle
Shivering Louise getting a warming cuddle
Sassy out for a run about
Sassy out for a run about
The Saharan sand almost looks green
The Saharan sand almost looks green
Is this a cuckoo, maybe?
Is this a cuckoo, maybe?
Yesterday morning seems ages ago, far longer than less than 48 hours. It was such a lovely morning, though fresh, that we took our brews out onto the balcony and enjoyed the sound of the birds singing and not much else. Both the girls were raging at being outside as it was too cold for them so Louise demanded cuddles to warm her up. Sassy joined in, jumping out as soon as we opened the door and hopping around happily; she really is settling down more and is very happy to be spending more time out of her run. The sand that has blown in on the storms recently is looking almost green which is very strange; it's everywhere over our outside areas. We were listening to the cuckoo and were pretty sure this bird was it but then it started making a very strange call so now I'm not so sure. It really was a very lovely way to start the day off.

A beautiful view down the field
A beautiful view down the field
In conversation with Dincher
In conversation with Dincher
Always happiest barefoot in the sun
Always happiest barefoot in the sun
Thelma is happiest with a stick
Thelma is happiest with a stick
The neighbour's calves were very friendly
The neighbour's calves were very friendly
Thelma loved this stick; we brought it home
Thelma loved this stick; we brought it home
Waterfall at the picnic spot
Waterfall at the picnic spot
Grotto at the picnic spot
Grotto at the picnic spot
We met up with Dincher early, after going to the shop to get more paint for the Art Room, and headed up to one of the houses we're looking it. It was glorious up there and we spent time wondering around and playing with the puppies (and I sat on the grass in my bare feet which is a great pleasure of mine) while Dincher spoke to people about what land it came with etc. On the way back we stopped at a picnic spot we have driven past any number of times and never stopped. This was lovely, there's a waterfall which is always a hit, but then a wild dog came along and caused some panic as we gathered Thelma and Louise up, and chased it off.

Two deer on the edge of the woods
Two deer on the edge of the woods
Struggling to light the BBQ in the breeze
Struggling to light the BBQ in the breeze
A very useful tool for a Brit doing a BBQ
A very useful tool for a Brit doing a BBQ
A full up BBQ, ready to feed the masses
A full up BBQ, ready to feed the masses
When we got back A went out pretty much straight away while I set to tidying up. I'd done the kitchen when Bob came past with some doughnuts and to have a chat; he'll be moving here permanently in a few months. He stayed long enough for A to get back and while we were sat chatting a couple of deer appeared on the back field and they stayed long enough for me to run and get my camera. Awesome! When he left I went for a lie down as I had quite a bad headache developing; I woke up in time to help A get the balcony ready and then we struggled to light the BBQ as the wind was up quite a lot. Eventually it took and then Nik and Emma and family arrived bearing gifts, one of which was an umbrella for the BBQ; that will come in very useful for Islay as well.

The sun sets in a blaze of glory
The sun sets in a blaze of glory
Kerplunk! occurs
Kerplunk! occurs
Tired out puppies
Tired out puppies
We had a lovely time chattering away while the BBQ cooked, and the girls played with the girls, throwing a ball up and down the balcony and having a great time. When the food was ready we all gathered around the new gaming table which easily seated all seven of us and there was a brief period of quiet as we ate. After that as the sun went down A brought the kerplunk! out and they had a couple of games which involved much hilarity; it's a good game for parties like that. We headed inside for a cup of tea and more chatter in the lounge and the girls fell asleep on my lap, exhausted from their exciting day and I didn't blame them; I was to bed very shortly after our guests left. It had been an awesome day.

Louise shivering again, I get to warm her this time
Louise shivering again, I get to warm her this time
Thelma is so interested in Sassy
Thelma is so interested in Sassy
A glorious start to the day
A glorious start to the day
They found a sun patch
They found a sun patch
I was very pleased with this gift
I was very pleased with this gift
It was my turn to cuddle a shivering Louise on the balcony this morning and it was once more a beautiful start to the day and we took our brews onto the balcony and let Sassy out to hop around. Thelma is still not all that sure about this other creature  and is hugely curious all the time. Sometimes too much so and we have to call her back as Sassy is getting a little nervous. A was in the gym this morning while I was doing my chores and I had lots to do today. The girls both jumped onto my telephone table to get to the sun, it's getting lots of use, and one of my tasks was to pot up the lovely rose that Nik and Emma bought me for my birthday; I'm very pleased with it indeed.

Tucking into our leftovers-lunch
Tucking into our leftovers-lunch
Beautiful woman in front of beautiful scenery
Beautiful woman in front of beautiful scenery
Shaking my bits out
Shaking my bits out
A worked out how to fit the locks; I couldn't
A worked out how to fit the locks; I couldn't
Funky aero-bars to reduce drag
Funky aero-bars to reduce drag
Legs in the sun
Legs in the sun
Beard in the sun
Beard in the sun
We had lunch sat on the balcony, eating the left overs from the BBQ and again loving the peace and quiet and view from there. What a lovely spot, and what a lovely person to share it with! After a bit of modeling we headed outside to try and fit the roof bars onto Thomas. It took a while but eventually we got it sort out and we're closer to being set for our trip to the UK. A went for a lie down while I carried on painting and hobbying and then went onto the swinging chair and snoozed in the sun myself for a while. It truly was a glorious day today.

I like my new shirt
I like my new shirt
Found a place to eat
Found a place to eat
A beer to celebrate
A beer to celebrate
Some of the food we ordered
Some of the food we ordered
Good bye sun
Good bye sun
When we both woke up we were hungry so we got ready quickly, and A gave me a really lovely shirt as an early present to wear out for our meal; so thoughtful and it was really comfortable. We ended up sat by the river at our favourite restaurant  and ordered a picky meal which turned out for the best; recently we've been underwhelmed by the food there however today it was top notch and the pork neck was particularly amazing. Since we got back I've pretty much just typed this up, which hasn't taken that long but now I'm shattered. A took Thelma and Louise onto the balcony and threw balls for them and sent me this shot of the sunset; stunning.

Tomorrow is actually my birthday but it'll be more of a normal day with Bekir and the lads back and me having to work at least some of it; this weekend has been awesome and more than made up for that.

Thanks for reading and see you tomorrow.

3 comments: