Monday 5 July 2021

Pool fun and ear pain

I'm sat here not very comfortable as during the night Saturday my ear blocked up and it is still blocked right now. It isn't painful but I'm surprised how much it has impacted my ability to concentrate and operate. If it isn't better by tomorrow I may well head to the doctors.

New desk in the painting room
New desk in the painting room
Sun breaking through the fog
Sun breaking through the fog
Rinsing the filter out
Rinsing the filter out
Lots of meat on the BBQ
Lots of meat on the BBQ
The whole group, eating
The whole group, eating
Dramatic sun-lined clouds
Dramatic sun-lined clouds

On Friday night I assembled my new desk in the painting room, with some help from Angela to lift it over once the top was on. It's a really nice desk and I've enjoyed painting at it the last few nights. Saturday dawned foggy but that cleared up quickly. I went with Rosie into town to try and buy a pipe to attach to the drainage outlet of the new pump but the shop we bought the pool from doesn't sell the pipes! I came home and jury-rigged one of the spare 4" pipes to direct the water into the drains and this worked perfectly. We had guests coming for lunch which turned out to be a wonderful time. Rick and I went in the pool, Rosie was with us most of the time (though she did get stung by a wasp but she reacted very well and was back in the pool almost straight away) and then we went onto the balcony and did the BBQ. It was just a brilliant day and nice to spend it with lovely people like Rick and Linda.

The plants Bekir has saved
The plants Bekir has saved

Sunday I had my bad ear and it was tough to do anything. I did get out with the mower and I did the rest of the lawn as I couldn't achieve anything else I could at least walk up and down not thinking. I found a load of plants that Bekir and Halil have saved while digging out for the patio; it looks like they've been watering them as well.

Morning view from my desk
Morning view from my desk
That fan is spinning!!!
That fan is spinning!!!
The trench being dug again
The trench being dug again
Foundations and more drainage
Foundations and more drainage

And so to today. I slept well despite my ear but woke with it still blocked which was disappointing. I was at my desk while the sun rose and the new desk is rotated so I can see the view while I'm working (or writing this update). I dropped Rosie to school as Angela was feeling really poorly with a recurrence of the bad cold/flu that she had before. The men were in and first thing they got the new fan working however didn't fit the switch to the wall as I was on calls with work so much. Instead they went back to the patio and they have finished digging the foundations for the end wall and have started to build those foundations. They also put additional drainage in to take water away from the Green Building which is really awesome.

So there you are; hopefully tomorrow we'll both be recovered from these ailments. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment