Wednesday 13 October 2021

No power... again...

 Today has been a very frustrating day without power and with a broken generator, however life goes on and progress with the building has continued at least.

Playing our game
Playing our game
Fog starts to roll in from the valley
Fog starts to roll in from the valley
Plaster board goes on the roof
Plaster board goes on the roof
Taking a look at the generator
Taking a look at the generator

Last night Angela and I got our game played and we had a really fun time :) She beat me, of course, but there was lots of laughter and it was just a good fun time. I slept in this morning as the recent early starts were really catching up with me. When I did finally wake up the fog in the valley was gathering and shortly it was around the house. I got stuck in to work and the men arrived and went straight to the roof to keep on with the plaster boarding and then at 9.30 the power went off. No trouble, I thought, and started the generator, ran the extension up, and still had no power. After some investigation (plugging the hoover directly into the output on the generator) I discovered that it was not pushing any power. We took it apart at home but couldn't see anything obviously wrong. Angela had picked me up some more fuel for it as well so it was pretty heavy however into the back of Thomas it went and I drove over to our normal garage. Unfortunately they weren't interested at all and initially started taking a plug socket off a wall because they thought it was just the socket broken. I almost choked and pointed out it was probably a broken alternator (like on a car). After a long wait and not much happening I left with the generator still not fixed. And not very happy at the service.

Men working and telling me to stop
Men working and telling me to stop
One side of the corridor complete
One side of the corridor complete
Getting close to finishing the other side
Getting close to finishing the other side
Rosie and the puddle
Rosie and the puddle

On the way home I was delayed slightly by the people working on the power. They are returning the overhead line and hopefully this means these power disruptions will stop soon. After lunch Halil and I went into the big town to find a shop to fix the generator. The third place we reached took it and hopefully in a few days I'll have it back and working. All that matters now is the power does NOT go off tomorrow. Up in the roof Bekir had made huge progress while we were gone and they carried on and are now only a couple of sections from complete. Tomorrow they should complete that and then get a few of the other tasks done. Also today Angela ordered new tiles for the roof terrace. Sadly our lovely blue sky tiles are no longer available and the tiles that were removed were not salvagable. She's found so lovely ones and we'll be getting them tomorrow so when it is nicer weather next week the roof terrace can be finished off but with new tiles. After school Rosie and I went out into the rain to jump in puddles and she had a great time!

So there you are; here's to reliable power tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment