Thursday 15 December 2022

Home Alone

 Today's update is brought to you by a very relaxed Angela. Almost too relaxed, because true to form, I have not interacted with the men as much as himself, nor taken very many shots of the progress. My bad.

Here I am, all alone at The Old School, with the exception of 3 crazy dogs and today Andrew and Rosie left for the UK for a 5 day trip to see some family. It has been an easy day for me with nothing more than a bit of pottering, collecting packages from the courier and generally having a very quiet day playing with the pups in between a bit of tidying up in preparation for Christmas.  It's hard to believe it is little over a week away! Tomorrow I shall crack my whip and get on with something more constructive and with a bit more vigor! 

Rosie's Christmas gift from Nanny arrived. She will be super excited.

Nanny and Pappa sent a gift!

I only have a couple of photos of the men's progress, ssshhhh, don't tell himself, as he even reminded me earlier and I still forgot!  Here they are:


Some blocks

Same blocks, different angle

A few more blocks by close of play

The men were in on time and cracked on with some more of the concrete floor. I forgot my camera when I took their coffee this morning and then got totally distracted and forgot to go back until after lunch. However, when I did they had been laying these blocks and it seems that this is going to be a much faster job than partition walls, which is great.  Apparently they are to lay the electrics in for the lights in the under eave storage area but I haven't noticed any wiring, so I'll have to check tomorrow.

Halil's car has been giving him some trouble so at lunch time his mechanic friend popped by to repair it and it seems he must have made it home as I haven't had a call to ask for Thomas, so that is good news.

I will leave you with a photo of the setting sun, as is a regular feature, purely to add another image to this post and make it look longer than it is.  Happy Thursday folks, more tomorrow (hopefully!)

Setting sun


Night now,

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment