Monday 1 April 2024

All about toilets

 It's so nice to have the men back, even if it is going to only be for a short while. I've had a crazy day myself but did get some pictures when I could. Let's get to it.

Very tasty with our own eggs
Very tasty with our own eggs

Before work, though, is the lovely breakfast that I cooked for me and Rosie. It is a holiday week so Rosie is at home all this week.

Checking out the pump house
Checking out the pump house
This is the old broken part
This is the old broken part
Halil fixes the seat - he's a legend

The men were in on time and the first thing I asked them to do was look at the broken upstairs pump. I hadn't realised that we actually did already have a spare bellows in stock so they swapped this out which didn't take long and then we primed and checked it is all working. This is great as having the toilet up there working is big for when my mum is here. After that Bekir went to talk with the neighbours to find out about an old sewage pipe that is on our land and while he was gone I asked Halil to check out the seat on Mo and he was able to un-jam that so I can now slide the seat back.

Digging a trench to find the pipe
Digging a trench to find the pipe
No pipe to be found here, sadly
No pipe to be found here, sadly
Preparing to run the new pipe down
Preparing to run the new pipe down
Going through the wall
Going through the wall

The main task for the men is to put a "real" toilet in downstairs (and yes I am grumpy about this) so once we confirmed the old sewage pipe is available they started looking for it. They were able to find it quite quickly below the patio however despite digging a trench all the way along in front of the wood shed they could not find it there. I think we probably removed it many years go. This means that they are going to have to run a new pipe from the toilet down to the existing pipe below the patio. They worked away on this today and got all the way to down by the green building.

New bench up the top bank
New bench up the top bank

This next is a surprise from my mum, though now it won't be any more. I got the new bench up to the top bank and this is my morning task this coming week - to dig out and gravel in a nice space up here on which to set this bench. It is super heavy and I'm very excited. I started mowing the lawn with Rosie after I finished work and then rushed to see Dincher for a meeting.

A busy day but successful. Thanks for reading, back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment