Wednesday 1 July 2020

More tidying up

Contrary to my stated expectation at the end of the update yesterday I did start my new role today. So I'm pretty tired as I type this and looking forward to bed once I've got the blog done and a few more bits and pieces I need to do completed as well.

Sally and Halil begin the tidying process
Sally and Halil begin the tidying process
Bekir laying the tiles
Bekir laying the tiles
So much rubbish up here
So much rubbish up here
Using blocks as a platform
Using blocks as a platform



All nice and tidy again
All nice and tidy again

The day dawned with some clouds around which was actually nice as it was a little cooler. I was up to my desk to start work which involved installing software then waiting for a bit for an introductory meeting. The men were on time and the first thing Sally and Halil did was clear all the rubbish from the other part of the balcony, and sweep and tidy and generally make it good. Bekir was now on with the task of finishing the tiling by sticking the cut tiles he'd done the other day in place. Mid morning, just before my meeting, our tile delivery arrived so I grabbed a video of the truck coming onto the land (echoing a very old video from years ago when the huge tile delivery for the main roof arrived) but this time the truck had a crane which made unloading a snap. By lunch time the balcony was cleared and tidied. and looking much nicer indeed.

Louise wants lunch, I think
Louise wants lunch, I think
Bekir cleaning more old mortar
Bekir cleaning more old mortar
Fixing a hole in our wall
Fixing a hole in our wall
In the pool with Rosie and loving it
In the pool with Rosie and loving it
Look at the size of those marrows!
Look at the size of those marrows!
Lunch time was taken as a family, which was great, and watched closely by Louise who sat on Thelma to get a headstart to the treats after we finished. She's a cunning one. Thelma, however, knows that they get fed together so working herself up to be first to the table doesn't matter - she's a smart one. Outside Bekir was continuing to work on the tiling and had found some places where the cleaning up needed to be done better. This woke Rosie a bit from her nap but she did get back to sleep. Sally and Halil were fixing the damage inside and at one point I saw Sally stood on top of our wardrobe working away but I didn't have my camera with me to get a picture. It was funny as hell! When my work finished I was straight outside into the pool and had a lovely time, with Angela joining us as well, before dinner. After dinner we had a bit of time in the garden, admiring the marrows that I'll probably turn into chutney, then spent some time on the balcony as well which was lovely.

So there you are; that's the update. Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's slowly but surely getting there :)

      Delete
  2. You`ve a right to be proud of the place, would be worth at least 2 million
    here in the U.K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was saying yesterday to Angela that the best bit is we are now doing the "nice to haves" and the stuff that isn't important, but just lifts the whole home to another level - so mowing the lawn, getting the porch done, now the balcony and next up the library and "formal" entrance :)

      We never forget, nor lose sight of, just how lucky we are!

      Delete