Wednesday 8 July 2020

Tiling and tortoises

Hey another day done and after a stupidly late night last night and a very busy working day today guess what - I'm tired. A quick nap has helped so here goes and onwards.

Nearly blown over
Nearly blown over
Rosie playing with Thelma and Louise
Rosie playing with Thelma and Louise
Water from testing the drainage
Water from testing the drainage
Looking up from down in the valley
Looking up from down in the valley
Halil with the table saw again
Halil with the table saw again
The storm the night before, and high winds, blew into the night and the music from the valley kept going after I rang the police; not ideal. I hope it won't be a bad year for stupid music. When I went out on the balcony in the morning I found that the ladder, left leaning against the roof, had blown nearly onto the floor - that would have been a big bang! Before the workmen arrived I did some silly filming for my YouTube including starting Thomas and the chainsaw, and Rosie had great fun playing with the puppies in the front of Thomas. When the men did arrive they were straight to work, first of all sorting out the drainage and ensuring the downpipes were perfect before it was time for me and Bekir to go to town for some chores and to pick up ridgetiles. When we got back Halil and Sally were on with the rest of the tiling, and Halil was using the table saw to chop some wood a few times.

Halil hammering, Sally stacking, Bekir sorting
Halil hammering, Sally stacking, Bekir sorting
Passing the ridge tiles up
Passing the ridge tiles up
Roof all done and looking great
Roof all done and looking great
Louise investigates the tortoise
Louise investigates the tortoise


The rest of the day was taken up with lots of roofing, and also Bekir did the electrics to put the light to the middle of the roof. I was on calls and therefore not able to get out to take many pictures but there was lots of noise of hammering all afternoon. After work, and a nap, and dinner, I took Rosie onto the lawn to give Angela a rest and we saw the sheep and then a medium sized tortoise walking along the front munching. Louise had a sniff and we stayed and followed it for a bit before heading back inside. I do love seeing tortoises just wandering around wild.

There you are; another day done and hopefully tomorrow they'll move on to the next tasks (though I still need the downpipe that drains onto the balcony to be moved so maybe not - we shall see). Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Roof tiles looking good buddy. Can`t wait for the glass, and the quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are :) haha I'll send it you in the post ;)

      Delete
  2. Yeah send it, I`ll pay, I can always sell the house if i`m sort. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :D yeah I'm hoping the normal window people are cheaper than the fancy turkish concertina style I was thinking of...

      Delete