Monday 16 January 2023

Camping, toilets and blockwork

Well it's Monday once more so let's get straight back to it.

Rosie enjoying her hot chocolate
Rosie enjoying her hot chocolate

I actually took very few pictures over the weekend. Friday night Rosie and I camped and it was great; we had our hot chocolate and it was raining lightly so you could hear that on the tent and then Rosie woke me in the morning "wake up wake up wake up" etc. It was fun. After that we didn't go out as we normally would but played games and just generally had a nice "in the house" day. On Sunday I set myself a crazy hobbying challenge and it took me all day to achieve, other than some very welcome breaks to sit with Rosie and also eat. And that was the weekend.

Extra security for the wall
Extra security for the wall
More toilet problems
More toilet problems
Back to block laying
Back to block laying
Epic progress on the block work
Epic progress on the block work

This morning the men were in and went up to the roof to continue working on the block work. Bekir was tying the new wall above the stairs into the existing wooden frames using bits of metal going into the joints and they were making good progress. I then went out to the toilet pump block as the upstairs toilet has a little problem and I found that the downstairs toilet pump seal had broken (we discovered it is exactly the same problem as the other pump experienced) and there was poo everywhere; I helped to clean up a bit but mainly the men hosed it out and pulled the broken pump out. I'm getting seriously close to just going with normal toilets and being done with it. Anyway after they had finished that task they headed back upstairs and cracked on with the blocks and have reached the ceiling in a lot of places. It's looking great.

So there's the update. Thanks for reading and back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment