Thursday 27 April 2023

More solo work

Another day of only Halil today as Bekir continued his work at home. Let's get to it.
Some time with the puppies
Some time with the puppies
Last night after various chores and hobbying I settled on the sofa with Thelma, Louise and Xena and watched Pale Rider which was awesome. It was nice to relax with the girls, and they needed the company as I'm busy during the days.
Partially boarded ceiling, squirty foamed edge
Partially boarded ceiling, squirty foamed edge
Doing the joint strips
Doing the joint strips
Sharing the sun
Sharing the sun
A new unit, but not a chest of drawers
A new unit, but not a chest of drawers
Ceiling section plastered
Ceiling section plastered
More boarding going on
More boarding going on
As I said it was only Halil again today. He started the day filling the gaps at the edge of the plasterboard caused by none of the walls in this building being actually square and then got stuck into joint stripping the boards he'd fitted yesterday. With the joints done he then began plastering the same area. It isn't really possible for him to work on the rest of the ceiling as it's too high to work on your own. At lunch time I headed to the lounge and assembled one of the new units, I had ordered chests of drawers but only noticed last night that the company had delivered the wrong thing to me! The girls were sleeping in the sun and watching me and it didn't take all that long to put together. It is so heavy, though. Upstairs Halil finished the plastering and then moved to boarding the final little corner that he could reach. I hope Bekir is back tomorrow so this can be completed then.
Starting to cook my dinner
Starting to cook my dinner
For dinner I cooked myself a random mix of stuff in the fridge that needed using up; bacon bits, a carrot, mushrooms, onions and a chili all fried together and then I had pasta that I cooked before breaking an egg into it then combining the lot. It was very nice indeed!

So there it is; another day done. Back tomorrow, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment