Monday 24 April 2023

My birthday and a garden frame

We're back to Monday and the men are back in so here's an update for you all. Let's start with the weekend.
Rosie chasing the bubbles
Rosie chasing the bubbles
About to burst the bubble with her mouth
About to burst the bubble with her mouth
Making stickle bricks cars and houses
Making stickle bricks cars and houses
Usmivka calming Rosie
Usmivka calming Rosie
I think these first pictures are actually from Saturday and I can't really remember Friday other than I wasn't that well and I was very busy. Saturday I was a lot better and got to play with Rosie (Angela was making big bubbles with her while I watched and laughed and later on I did them a bit as well though not as good as Angela). We also got to go to the neighbours for the first time for ages. Rosie banged her head and got cuddles from Usmivka and finally cheered up a lot. We also did some sticklebrick making which was a lot of fun.
This was such a cool sight to wake up to
This was such a cool sight to wake up to
Thelma and Xena tearing up the wrapping paper
Thelma and Xena tearing up the wrapping paper
Camping stuff is in the crawl space
Camping stuff is in the crawl space
Rosie showing off her new glasses (still in the packing)
Rosie showing off her new glasses (still in the packing)
Riding on the lawnmower together
Riding on the lawnmower together
Birthday cake pleasures
Birthday cake pleasures
Moon and stars at night
Moon and stars at night
Sunday was my birthday; I was up just in time to capture a picture of the pretty cool sunrise; it faded very quickly afterwards. I received some lovely presents, and the puppies had all the fun with the wrapping paper. Angela and Rosie headed to the shops and I did a task I've been waiting to do for a while; I tidied and organised all the camping gear and the Christmas gear into the crawl space and there is LOADS of room! Finally in the afternoon I pulled the mower out and mowed all the lawns that I possibly could with it which was a great success. My birthday cake was lovely after dinner and just before bed I caught the moon rise which was also lovely.
Bekir grinding the rebar
Bekir grinding the rebar
Starting to weld the frame
Starting to weld the frame
One of the frames takes shape
One of the frames takes shape
Bekir is welding while thunder rumbles and rain falls
Bekir is welding while thunder rumbles and rain falls
And so today. Halil was working on his flat in town so it was only Bekir today; we set him to a new short task to make some frames for climbing plants in the garden. They need to be movable so he used some rebar and welded it all together, with the steel mesh as walls for the plants to use. He was at it all day and built two of them, which is what we want. Tomorrow he has a little more to do on the bottom of the feet and then they can be put in place before Angela leaves on her holiday.

So there it is; another day done and we'll be back to it tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment