Wednesday 3 May 2023

Rewiring at speed

Today has been a day when more progress is made than I expected, which doesn't happen all that often so I like it when it does.

Thelma snoozes on my pillow
Thelma snoozes on my pillow

First, though, back to yesterday evening and after writing the blog I went onto the patio with the puppies to enjoy the evening before the forecast rain (which hasn't really lived up to expectations). Louise was on my lap and I stood up and she wasn't ready (I think) so she fell and hurt herself. At first I thought she was ok but a few minutes after she started acting very strange, almost like having a spasm. I immediately sped as fast as I could to the vet who was in waiting when I got to his office; of course Louise, who had been acting strange (twisting and falling over) the whole way there , took one look at the vet and ran for it, showing no signs of discomfort at all! He checked her over and sent us on our way and since then she has been fine. Accompanying this paragraph is a picture of Thelma asleep on the pillow next to me last night.

Making a start on the electrics
Halil gets the last bits of plastering done
Halil gets the last bits of plastering done
Cables now running to the new ring
Cables now running to the new ring
A big moment as the old box is removed
A big moment as the old box is removed
Halil clearing up by the double doors
Halil clearing up by the double doors
Bekir working on the final distribution box
Bekir working on the final distribution box
Halil sweeping down the stairs
Halil sweeping down the stairs

Today was a big day as Bekir began (and almost completed, I think) the process of removing the old consumer unit distribution box on the stairs and connecting every old supply to the new ring we have installed along the wall. Halil, for his part, cracked on with the last of the plastering of the ceiling and now we do not have the beams across the stairs that made it so difficult to climb the stairs. They both worked steadily through the day, with Halil moving on to cleaning and sweeping and preparing for the next task which is working on the walls by the stairs so they can be sealed and smooth and plastered before we finally do the stairs. Bekir got all the wiring done, though I don't know if there'll be more to do tomorrow to tidy up, before they headed off.

Assembling the new chest of drawers
Assembling the new chest of drawers
Cooking up stuff from the fridge into an omelet
Cooking up stuff from the fridge into an omelet

I headed out late afternoon to get a few things and swung past the courier to collect the two chests of drawers that we ordered so when I got back I was straight into assembling the first one (and I'm going to go finish this up after publishing this blog). Dinner was a "use things up from the fridge" omelet which was actually really nice, and enough to leave half for lunch tomorrow which is a bonus.

So there it is; another day done, and a great progress day at that. Thanks for reading and back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment