Wednesday 29 April 2015

Tickgate

Just a very fast update for you all today as I have been up and working since 5am and have nothing else really to tell you.

The tick situation is as follows:

Last night I had taken some advice and poured some vinegar into a cup, took some cotton buds and went down to see if I could get to the ticks. It is very difficult to get Rambo to sit still. He either thinks you are playing, wants to lick you to death or he is so nosey that he throws his head around to the point of falling off just to get a look at what you are holding. I ended up pinning him down. This is quite an achievement for someone who probably may not even weigh as much as he does. Anyway, I got him lying down with a bit of a fight. With one hand I held his head and he finally remained still enough for me to dab each of the two ticks on his face with the cotton bud. Taking no chances and using my opportunity while I had it, I dabbed again. I kept hold of his head as he got back up and dabbed the other one that has attached itself to the corner of his mouth. Result! Rambo had a treat and looked at me like I was mad. He's probably right.

I woke this morning to a tick free face! Him, not me. Well ok, I had a tick free face too, thankfully! I was delighted and so relieved. However, the determined little bugger at the corner of his mouth remained. Gutted. So off I went again and got the cup, the vinegar and the cotton buds. His tail went between his legs when he saw me coming. I felt so bad. Getting at this one is particularly tricky because of where it is. Again, I pinned him and talked softly to him to calm him down. He responded well after a couple of moments and I was able to actually get right to the tick much better than I did last night. I also took the opportunity whilst he was calm and seemingly happy (and wagging his tail) to check him over and I wanted him to stay there and not lick his lips to wash the vinegar away.  I had a good look at his belly and legs, back, neck and side (only one as he was lying on the other). All clear. I even checked his ears and nothing seems to be hanging around, so that is good news.

As I said, I have been up at 5am and have worked all day so the vets trip didn't happen and I am hoping that tonight will see the end of the stubborn Mr Mouth Tick.

Goodnight all.

A x


No comments:

Post a Comment