Thursday 2 July 2015

Day out, but not for fun

What a day.... Wow. I'm exhausted... I've been driving for about 5 or so hours and been sat in a police interview room for the middle two hours. Pizza, onion rings and garlic bread is cooking and A is just finishing off feeding the puppies while I make a start on this.

The storm which passed behind us
The storm which passed behind us
Back to last night. If you remember there was a storm which was rumbling around in the hills behind us, some seriously awesome long vibrating rumbles but fortunately it stayed away other than a few little drips of rain. Here is the sun putting in a final appearance just before disappearing, and you can see that some places were not lucky in missing out on a downpour.

Not really summer food
Not really summer food
The stew which A had cooked was just as outstanding as our expectations had hoped for. She put so much on my plate that it was spilling off the edge but I just mopped it up and carried on. It was so cool that having a big stew was actually a good idea, which is not what I would have predicted for the 1st of July in Bularia.
Moon bright early evening
Moon bright early evening
Incredible colour in the sky
Incredible colour in the sky
After dinner I popped back up onto the roof to snap these two pictures as the moon was really bright and the colour of the sky behind the storm was just unbelievable. I headed to bed pretty early but A wasn't as tired so joined me later. The girls had gone with me and were a little unsettled at first, then quieted and then when A came in they started whinging again a bit. After a little while they quieted and we had a good night sleep. With no alarm (A doesn't work on a Thursday or Friday) it felt like we had had a really good lie in however when we checked the time we found it was still 7am so we turned over and went back to sleep.

Now I understand what is going on here. Honest
Now I understand what is going on here. Honest
The first thing I did, before even having a cup of tea, was to turn the power off and investigate the junction box downstairs. I was immediately able to see what Steve had been telling me and now I feel a whole lot more comfortable trying to wire my new junction box together. I really want to do this over the weekend, having failed at that last weekend, so here's hoping.

The day clears
The day clears
The morning had dawned really cloudy and misty again and as yesterday I was hoping this meant a nice day. It took its time but eventually it did clear and the sky was super blue and the sun was beating down. I looked out the window of Room 13 for a view for the blog as this is an unusual view to post. The mist was still very thick in the valley.

New desk location
New desk location
As has been our plan for this morning I got A to clear her desk so that we could get the workmen to help us move it onto the landing. With it clear we shifted it a little bit, realised we could manage ourselves and,as the workmen were late arriving, just got on and did it. We are now both sat out on the landing which is much better as before we were shouting to each other during the day. All that is left to clear in Room 13 is the fridge/freezer, petchka and a table we use for food preparation. When we get this out we can start to get on with tiling the floor. How exciting!

Work happening as we left for our jaunt
Work happening as we left for our jaunt
And so it got closer to the time where we were to leave and still no sign of the workmen. I text Lyubo but then heard voices and realised they were here. The boss was supposed to be coming to collect his deposit today but never showed and then I had a call from the courier firm bringing the gig tickets that they were close. I went and got the money we'd given to the Little Lady to pay for this (the text had said they were due about 5) but then they didn't arrive before we left so I asked one of the workmen to deal with it, gave him the money, and we were off.

Lovely cream cake
Lovely cream cake
A little girl greeting the puppies
A little girl greeting the puppies
Our pizza
Our pizza
I'm not going to go into detail about today but briefly we drove about 2.5 hours across the mountains to Elhovo and arrived a little early as you would expect. While we were waiting for the appointed hour to arrive we took a little walk looking for food. We found one bar which sold only cakes but they were superb so that wasn't a problem. After this we walked a bit further down the high street and found a bar that did pizzas so ordered one between two and ate most of it, with some being given to the girls. The bad part of this was all the English people in the bar chattering away and being loud and annoying. After this we strolled up to where the car was parked and then I heard that the translator had arrived so I left A watering them and went in to the interview. This lasted about two hours. It wasn't too bad though. We then drove home which was pretty quick too. We stopped to check out a little car for sale by the side of the road (massively over priced) and then stopped into Lidl for our aforementioned pizzas. They were selling the chili plants again so we got four of them and they also had some lavender plants so they also went into the shopping basket.

The end wall is completed
The end wall is completed
Digging out for insulation and waterproofing
Digging out for insulation and waterproofing
And so we got back and I was left in charge of cooking while A went to sort the farm feeding out. I have some cracking pictures of the sunset and other things from this evening however I'm too tired to type about it all. Tomorrow. For now a couple of pictures of the progress the men had made; the wall is completed and they have done about half the digging out of the floor. Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment