Wednesday 7 November 2018

Another couple of days

Hello again. Another quick update for you, to keep on top.

I'm tired tonight (no difference there) and not that inspired but I have a few pictures to go through, and things have gone on, so let's get a few pictures processed and get this written.

Looking at the School from the front lane
Looking at the School from the front lane
Cuddly Bekci
Cuddly Bekci
Miserable overcast day
Miserable overcast day
Mesut making great progress on the tiling
Mesut making great progress on the tiling
Scaffold moving along the front
Scaffold moving along the front
Some lovely Islay Ales Ale
Some lovely Islay Ales Ale
Yesterday was a busy one. It started with going to collect Thomas from the garage as his engine had been taken out, the seal replaced, and then the engine put back in. At least he's back on the road now. The newly cut trees allow a view of the Old School that we aren't normally able to see. I promised more pictures of Bekci so grabbed the camera when A and I went down to see her during the day. It was not a nice day yesterday, today has been even more filthy, but the men stuck at it and particularly Mesut was flying with his progress. Outside Bekir and Okhtay were moving scaff and then hammering the boarding up. It was not an easy job. I was waiting for our friend Lee to come over and he arrived around lunch. We had a wicked afternoon, working away and solving a load of things that have built up, and then he stayed for dinner and we chatted until he left. It was a good day, but tiring.

No breathing room even
No breathing room even
The School from across the valley
The School from across the valley
Lane being worked on
Lane being worked on
Checking out the lane
Checking out the lane
A got the digger to spread the stones up the drive slightly
A got the digger to spread the stones up the drive slightly
I then didn't sleep all that well and honestly I haven't woken up all day and I'm still feeling half asleep right now. I was planning on spending the whole day today hobbying, after such an intense working period, but I needed to get Thomas down for his Preglet (the equivalent of an MOT) and this basically wiped the day out - it took so long. I dropped in to the post office on the way but today is apparently pension day and it was rammed. While I was out (I actually rushed out of the house to avoid being trapped) the kmet finally brought in more trucks of stones and spread them on our lane.

It's looking really awesome, this wooden boarding
It's looking really awesome, this wooden boarding
Mesut has done LOADS today!
Mesut has done LOADS today!
Working through the drizzly rain
Working through the drizzly rain
To wrap this up (sorry for the lacklustre update - just not feeling it tonight) I thought I'd take a picture of what Bekir has been working on. Mesut will have finished all the tiling before the big bench needs to be moved probably by lunch time tomorrow. I'll need to work out where I want that to live long term. Bekir and Okhtay completed all the front of the building today and spent the final minutes of the day preparing some wooden boards to sit the scaff on when they move onto the balcony tomorrow.

Bekci is turning into a really big dog
Bekci is turning into a really big dog
Louise the Goofy Puppy
Louise the Goofy Puppy
Rambo with his droopy eye
Rambo with his droopy eye
Finally I got a cracking picture of Bekci who is really growing up well now. She's a lovely puppy. Louise made me laugh so much because of her grinning with her two front teeth showing like goofy. She's a sweetheart. And I grabbed a picture of Rambo now his eyes are healing. Unfortunately the vet did sew one side a little tight so his eye is a little droopy now. He's back on form and is much happier, though, so I think it isn't bothering him.

So there you are. I'm tired, bed soon. Tomorrow will be a full day of hobbying (and clearing wood outside) and I'm not going to work on tourn.ee tomorrow at all - I need a break clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment