Monday 12 November 2018

Weekend reached

This update is, as per usual really, being done a little later than planned. I was going to do an update on Friday but just ran out of time and so I have left it until Sunday to start. Sunday Roast is going to be ready any moment now so this may well end up not being published until Monday morning as I want to chill with A and watch a film tonight rather than being sequestered up here in Room 13 as is my usual habit at the moment. Let's see how far I get before I am guldered at...

(^^ That is far as I got on Sunday night before dinner was ready and after dinner we sat and watched Once Upon a Time in the West, one of my favourite ever films, and I just didn't want to come back to my desk afterwards... so now on with the update....)

Scaffold goes onto the balcony
Scaffold goes onto the balcony
Someone near Greece got some sun
Someone near Greece got some sun
Scaffolding while Sassy watches on
Scaffolding while Sassy watches on
Staining more boards
Staining more boards
Mesut onto nearly the final stretch
Mesut onto nearly the final stretch
Hammering up boards
Hammering up boards
Working away into the darkening evening
Working away into the darkening evening
I got some hobbying done! Very pleased with these
I got some hobbying done! Very pleased with these
Thursday seems a very long time ago but I took a few pictures. Bekir and Okhtay lifted up scaffold onto the balcony  ready for the next section of work while I headed out to get some more tarracol for Mesut. When I got back Bekir was laughing because of the difference in tones between the two brands of wood stain we have bought. I am sure it will all fade to about the same colour eventually. Mesut was making great headway but was at the point of the tiling where a lot of cutting was required to do the edges. Outside Bekir and Okhtay had done enough staining to keep themselves going and were up the scaffold, straddling Sassy's cage, fitting the again. I've asked him to leave the outside light in place even though next year it may not be needed any more. It was not the nicest of days, weather wise, and Mesut worked with the door shut to keep the warmth in, bless him. I, for myself, finally managed to get a day mostly away from my desk and did some solid hobbying, getting my WW2 British Airborne troops all painted up.

The sun rises on Friday
The sun rises on Friday
Bekir is working alone
Bekir is working alone
Good progress, considering he's not got a mate to help
Good progress, considering he's not got a mate to help
Scaffold up, stepping down to the back patio(!!?)
Scaffold up, stepping down to the back patio(!!?)
Thelma found the sun
Thelma found the sun
Mesut finishing around the edge of the room
Mesut finishing around the edge of the room
This room is going to be awesome for a workshop
This room is going to be awesome for a workshop
On Friday Bekir and Mesut were our only workers as Okhtay decided he had earned enough and didn't want to work - this was a bit of a pain however Bekir really cracked on working alone and made great progress, though slower than he wanted. Mesut helped him to shift the scaffold when needed and other than that he just bashed away and they really are not far off completing this task now. It does look great as well. Inside Mesut finished the large tiles, and all the cuts down the wall and also got about 1/3 of the way around putting the edging tiles in place. It is starting to look really good in there. It was a lovely day, A did her shopping and Thelma spent the entire time sleeping in the sun on her chair. I did a mixed day of hobbying and some coding, which is my aim for today as well.

A chainsawing, and wearing protective equipment!
A chainsawing, and wearing protective equipment!
Venko getting ready to play
Venko getting ready to play
Father, daughter and a friend playing an adhoc set
Father, daughter and a friend playing an adhoc set



And so to the weekend. I worked during Saturday trying to get something finalised on my website. The weather was back to miserable and cold and so our thoughts of getting up to the Mountain House were shelved; this turned out well as we went up with Emma and the kinds on Sunday. We did get outside quite a lot to get some chores done; A did a load of chainsawing while I cleared more of the tea trees and dragged them round to our storage by the orchard. This was hard work and really tired us both out. I was out on Saturday night to see Venko and his band play and my short nap before leaving gave me the energy to have a really enjoyable night. It was good to see him and meet a few people, like the Bassist's son and wife who spoke a little English and I sat with.

Over cast but still stunning
Over cast but still stunning
A gorgeous glorious day
A gorgeous glorious day
Bekci and Rambo enjoy the sunshine
Bekci and Rambo enjoy the sunshine
Thelma and Louise also enjoying the sunshine
Thelma and Louise also enjoying the sunshine
The fire is also appreciated
The fire is also appreciated
Beautiful sky, with moon
Beautiful sky, with moon
We were up and about and out the house to meet Emma and family on Sunday morning, I did get a little hobby time in before leaving, and had a lovely time in the mountains. It was overcast and cool while we were up there but still beautiful and so peaceful. They then came back for a coffee and a chat and left around lunch time; it was lovely to get to spend time with them again. While A dashed out to get bread for lunch I sat in the sun on the patio and relaxed as it was baking hot with glorious blue skies by this point. I did a little more work on the website and pushed it live then it was time for dinner (and my abortive attempt at writing this update) before we fed the puppies, played with Bekci, and admired the beautiful evening sky. The film was amazing and it was then an early night before being up this morning.

A has just got back with the men so I'm going to sign this off and get on with the rest of my day.

2 comments: