Monday 5 November 2018

The Weekend and Monday

I've just finished working (well nearly - I'm waiting for a test email to deliver) so I thought I'd quickly write up this blog post so I don't forget again and then end up having to do a super long one later in the week - I really hope I can keep it short.

Saturday

Saturday was an awesome day - I did no work.

Thelma eyeing up my butties
Thelma eyeing up my butties
The Hoff takes pride of place
The Hoff takes pride of place
A lot of furniture
A lot of furniture
Beautiful autumnal evening
Beautiful autumnal evening
I made an AWESOME cot!
I made an AWESOME cot!
Of course I did sit at my desk to write the blog in the morning but that was the only extended desk time of the entire day. We rushed off to our appointment and made it in time but then waited twenty mins or so before we were seen. After this it was off to pick up some furniture and then back home for lunch; my idea about sushi fell by the wayside of us just not being hungry; the puppies were pleased to see us and Thelma thought my butties must surely have been for her. She did get some cheese shortly after that. With lunch done I set to making the furniture (Bekir had helped me make space for it on Friday; Hoff picture in pride of place as you can see) and it was not the easiest of pieces of furniture to assemble as the instructions were truly shocking. A had to go back to the shop to ask for advice while I stayed back and worked on another item and got the washing in. And yes, that IS what it is; I am very excited indeed to reveal that a baby is on its way and due early next year!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday

I woke up on Sunday feeling like I'd gone a lot of rounds with Mike Tyson - that was hard work putting that furniture together.

A beautiful moth
A beautiful moth
It was clinging to me
It was clinging to me
The petchka isn't supposed to do that
The petchka isn't supposed to do that
Second unit in place
Second unit in place
It was a busier day with me working on my website until after midnight but a few things did happen. First of all I found a lovely moth in a bucket outside while I was doing my chores. It was very cold and clung to me while I got pictures but then I was able to throw it into the air having warmed it up and it flew off. We also lit our petchka in the kitchen and smoked ourselves out which was exciting. And finally we got the second item of furniture into the bedroom; A did a little platform to lift this unit so its door will operate over the step.

Monday

And so to today.

Louise loves her mummy
Louise loves her mummy
Bekir and Okhtay cleaning the pipes
Bekir and Okhtay cleaning the pipes
They really needed cleaning!
They really needed cleaning!



One whole tube to stick this cork to the wall
One whole tube to stick this cork to the wall
My hole cutters are nice and tidy now
My hole cutters are nice and tidy now
Pictures on the wall
Pictures on the wall
I was up before A left, against all the odds, and got stuck in on the website again while she collected the men. She then headed off for another appointment and this time I stayed behind and did some chores. Bekir and Okhtay were first of all tasked with cleaning all the petchka pipes and you can see why the kitchen fire was smoking so bad - we must not have cleaned it last year at all. For myself I worked through a backlog of chores including sticking the cork to the wall of Room 13 (I used a whole tube to get one of three cork boards up so I've ordered some more glue from Amazon to get the rest put up. I also attached the hooks to hang my tools for hobbying and put some pictures on the wall. It was a productive time.

Mesut cleaning for later grouting
Mesut cleaning for later grouting
He gets towards the end of the row again
He gets towards the end of the row again
Near the end of the day
Near the end of the day
It terrified me, watching him work
It terrified me, watching him work
Dark when they finished
Dark when they finished
Puppies happy the fire has been lit
Puppies happy the fire has been lit
Louise collapsed by the fire
Louise collapsed by the fire
Thelma fast asleep while we eat
Thelma fast asleep while we eat
Mesut had been cracking on, as he does, with the tiling and was making some awesome progress while Bekir and Okhtay spent most of the day erecting scaffold. They then cracked on really fast into the darkness as the sun went down and only finished working when it was too dark to see anything. A had got the fire lit and there was no smoke but very happy puppies. I've worked the evening and very nearly completed all the tasks for go live (this will happen after I publish this blog) and that is very exciting as I need some time away from keyboard bashing for 16 hours a day every day.

Finally Bekci has started to lose her baby teeth! She is also destroying everything but that's to be expected. She is a lovely puppy and I'll get some more pictures and videos of her for you all as soon as I can.

15 comments:

  1. Woohoo, Congratulations! Life will never be the same again,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Lucky baby to have a such a wonderful home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave!!! :) yes, we hope we can provide a safe and happy home! I love watching your updates on Facebook - it's good that you are yours are doing so well :) x

      Delete
  3. Huge congratulations to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to A and you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing news! All the best from our family! You have about 9-12 months tops left of free time in your life, so use it wisely! (I binge read and then watched Harry Potter :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :) Yeah, I'm just working very very hard to get some passive income. Fortunately I like my job so it is close to a hobby :D

      Delete
  6. read your blog from the beginning of your adventure, was wondering when some happy event might happen! Congrats. Regards Dan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome

    Best thing you ever did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mate honestly do think this is actually the first time I'm doing something worthwhile... :) thank you!

      Delete
  8. Massive congrats from a blog follower!

    ReplyDelete