Saturday 3 November 2018

Been too busy to blog

After all my good intentions of blogging every night this week I got into bed every night realising that I had completely forgotten to do an update. I have been working very hard on my website (if you are interested you can click here, though it is not yet open for registrations) and every minute I've had at my desk has been devoted to that.

Saturday morning is here, however, after working until 2.30am or so this morning I got a lay in until about 8 and have just had bacon and eggs and I'm feeling like a New Man. I've not got all that many pics and will sweep through this quickly as we are heading out in an hour.

Tuesday

Pink and blue for the morning
Pink and blue for the morning
Mesut ensuring his levels are right (they were)
Mesut ensuring his levels are right (they were)
Painting wood stain on lots of planks
Painting wood stain on lots of planks
Mesut approaching the end of the basic tiling
Mesut approaching the end of the basic tiling
Tuesday dawned red and bright and stayed glorious and warm all day - I think it was up about 28 degrees inside. Amazing for October 30th. The awesome weather also supported some amazing progress as Mesut flew through the tiling in what will be the Tool Room (and my airbrush booth) and Bekir was getting set with the bezir on the wooden boards. I took some time away from my desk to help out with this which was great - I like to get involved as I'm sure you've noticed. All in all it was a very pleasing day. We also headed over to the garage to collect Thomas and were told that everything had been changed, all the fluids etc - all set for winter.

Wednesday

Pre-dawn colours
Pre-dawn colours
Sun appears for the day
Sun appears for the day
It was another glorious start to Wednesday, though with fog in the valley this morning. 

Leaking Thomas
Leaking Thomas
Coordinated wood-staining, with Rambo "helping"
Coordinated wood-staining, with Rambo "helping"
Mesut contemplates the Final Tile
Mesut contemplates the Final Tile
A collected the men and then we had a look at the oil leak she had spotted underneath Thomas and decided that he needed to go to the garage (having just come back from a full service - not cool). A was feeling pretty rough with a cold but insisted on going so I was left with Pat to head out and get some more bezir as we were running out. Of course the shop had now also run out so we bought their final stock and were told to come back the next day for more. Just as I arrived back A rang to say that Thomas was not well at all and it would take a fair while to fix him so I turned round and went and collected her. Not good news as we had Okhtay now working with us so Pat would have to transport three workers each way.

Starting to put up the scaffold
Starting to put up the scaffold
Mid way up
Mid way up
There it is
There it is
At the top
At the top
Taken down, moved, and being put back up
Taken down, moved, and being put back up



After lunch Bekri and Okhtay set to assembling the Scaffold in the first spot to begin putting the wood up under the eaves - they chose the most complicated and convoluted area to start with and it was quite a thing to watch how they managed it. I once again was left saying "there's something I will not ever do" but they are fearless. The completed the wood at that little bit and were half way through erecting the scaffold in the place, round the corner, when the day ended.

The edging really finished it off, and protects it as well
The edging really finished it off, and protects it as well
A makeshift bridge over the wet tiles
A makeshift bridge over the wet tiles
Caught by surprise by the camera
Caught by surprise by the camera
Grouting in progress
Grouting in progress
Mesut for his part was cracking on with the Tool Room. He put the 6cm lip up the walls in very quick time and then got started on the grouting. He made very creative use of the top of my little internal scaffold as a bridge over the most recently laid tiles by the door, to allow entry. By the end of the day about 1/3 of the floor had been grouted, as the final task of the room.

Doesn't look like the end of October, huh
Doesn't look like the end of October, huh
Sad at being out on my own
Sad at being out on my own
It was OK - not great, though
It was OK - not great, though
It really had been a glorious and warm day however A had not been able to enjoy it at all as her cold was at its worst. I took myself out to the fast food place on the way back from dropping the men and had a lonely meal down there, but I did get to try something new out. Fortunately that marked the point where A started to recover and now she is all but completely better again, which is fantastic.

Thursday

A foggy and cold start
A foggy and cold start
Louise cuddling on my shoulder
Louise cuddling on my shoulder
And then fast asleep
And then fast asleep
Warm enough for November 1st
Warm enough for November 1st
We were up and about to collect the men when Bekir called with a family emergency and they weren't coming, which was far from being the worst thing for us as it was a day less to travel in Pat. It was a misty foggy start that ended up clearing into another absolutely cracking day, 24 degrees sat at my desk. A headed out for some reason and Louise did her parrot, and then they fell fast asleep to wait for her to get back. It was a day of me at my desk and A recovering still from her cold.

Friday 

Cool and damp start
Cool and damp start
Friday again was a cooler start and it stayed overcast and foggy for quite a while before clearing later, though reluctantly.

Three man job getting these bits up
Three man job getting these bits up
Okhtay clambers up
Okhtay clambers up
Meh - it'll do :o
Meh - it'll do :o
 Hammering up the beams
Hammering up the beams
Large ladder and makeshift outriggers
Large ladder and makeshift outriggers
Working into the evening gloaming
Working into the evening gloaming
A collected the men and then headed off to do her shopping while I rushed around like a crazy person - it was such a busy day yesterday, and long. The men finished erecting the scaffold and set to fitting the boards. This was fiddly work with a lot of angle cutting needed but they made great progress and by the end of the day were mid way through the next dismantling and erection of scaffold, to go along the front of the building. To my great pleasure they had to bring the large ladder out of its storage so that purchase got another proof of its usefulness.

All the grouting done
All the grouting done
Taking dust into his clean room
Taking dust into his clean room
 Tools storage
Tools storage
Damping the dust ready for sweeping
Damping the dust ready for sweeping
Cracking on still, into the dark
Cracking on still, into the dark
End of the day
End of the day
Mesut finished all the grouting then spent some time cleaning it up, only for me to then tell him we had to shift all the dusty tools in there to clear the Men's Room. He also helped lift up the big units, one into the top corridor and one into the attic, which was hard enough work as they are very heavy. With the Men's Room cleared he damped the dust down, swept it out, and got stuck into tiling. By the end of the day he had made a good start in the final hour or so left to him.

Making stew for the freezer
Making stew for the freezer
Bottle Kill to end a hard working week
Bottle Kill to end a hard working week
A had also been super busy and the final thing she did was make a large batch of stew for the freezer, and an awesome curry that we ate half of last night for our dinner when I got back from dropping the men. I was then up to my desk and at about 2am or so I finished this tiny drop of whisky to bottle kill this bottle and headed to bed.

Now I'm about to make us late so I'm going to dash; see you next time, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. You only finished off the whisky bottle out of neatness yeah! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that dribble is all that was left in the bottom of the bottle :D honest! :)

      Delete