Thursday 29 April 2021

Building a wall

 Another tiring day but more progress, and I did get a bit more of the grass cut though not as much as I hoped to as you'll see.

Preparing a pipe to run through the foundations
Preparing a pipe to run through the foundations
Mixing up the cement
Mixing up the cement
Bekir laying out the lines
Bekir laying out the lines
Halil assisting
Halil assisting
First course going down
First course going down
Filling the center with cement
Filling the center with cement

The men were in on time and got stuck in to finishing the foundations, going up the side of the patio towards the house. I've asked Bekir to put in a water pipe that will run the width of the patio just in case we do get a bore hole; this will mean we don't need to dig it all up in the future. With the foundations completed Halil drove Thomas to get some more materials and then they got mixing and started on the wall and they worked on that all day. At lunch time I went to post some parcels to some friends and smacked bang into the final holdout of terrible Bulgarian service and stubborn rude refusal to provide the service they are paid for by the mini-hitler at the post office. She refused to take any parcels demanding I open the VERY well packed (wrapped in gaffer tape and very secure because they contain delicate models) parcels so she could see inside; then she made up some excuse that where I had written the addresses was incorrect and she wouldn't accept it because of that; I wished her a terrible day and now I wish I'd taken her name so I could complain; it felt like a racist incident which is not something we experience here often and not something that occurred to me until afterwards. This not only means I've got to find an alternative to sending these parcels but also took my lunch time mowing time away from me. As you can tell I wasn't happy.

Rosie having fun with paints
Rosie having fun with paints
Three courses done
Three courses done

When work finished I went out and got a load of mowing done, while Angela collected Rosie and went to the park for a bit. Then it was time for some painting on the balcony before dinner. I snapped a quick shot just now of where the wall is up to and I'm realising tomorrow I need to get them to complete the wall in front of the currently in use humanure collection point as I'll need to have that available to empty buckets into; they've taken longer on this than I expected so we'll be on the bucket toilets a bit longer than I thought.

So there you are; no school for Rosie now until next Wednesday as it is Easter here and hopefully the men won't take that time off as well else we will be in trouble for the toilets! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment