Friday 16 April 2021

Friday

 It is Friday and we reach the end of the first week with the men back on site. It's been really good to have them back and see the progress that has been achieved.

Back to digging a ditch
Back to digging a ditch
Flyscreens time
Flyscreens time
Looking at the lawnmower
Looking at the lawnmower
Ditch getting shallower
Ditch getting shallower
Looking at the flyscreens from outside
Looking at the flyscreens from outside
Stretching my feet on the grass
Stretching my feet on the grass

Today was a slightly warmer day mostly, but was chilly first thing with overcast. I took Rosie to school which is always lovely and the men were on site when I got back, still digging away. I asked Bekir to take a look at the Bosch mower that I'd managed to break by hitting a tree stump and headed upstairs. Just mid morning the window people arrived with the fly screens for the balcony and fitted them really quickly so now that is a job completed and ready for us to use over summer. During the morning Bekir checked out the mower and managed to remove the damaged screw and found that a belt had sprung and this was why it wasn't working. They have found a supplier in Bulgaria and ordered me a replacement; they really are very helpful. The ditch digging was going well, and the soil getting shallower so the ditch moved forwards faster. At lunch time it was warm and sunny enough to again sit on the grass with our lunch - I really love bare foot on grass!

Stacking the slabs out of the way
Stacking the slabs out of the way
Extending the patio round the table
Extending the patio round the table
End of day state
End of day state
Lou Lou Snuggles
Lou Lou Snuggles
Big Bumble Bee - lots of pollen
Big Bumble Bee - lots of pollen

After lunch Bekir and Halil shifted the whole paving slabs and stacked them out of the way, then continued digging past the path and to go around the table tennis table. Angela had the idea of turning it into a place we can sit and eat, which is a great idea indeed. They ended the day there and may be back Monday, weather permitting. I had a late meeting which meant I was down from work late and Angela had fun with Rosie outside and when I came down Louise gave me lots of cuddles which was really great. Sadly Rosie, after dinner, fell into a stinging nettle and stung her hand so that was a bit stressful for her and she was not very happy at all! We had seen a huge bumble bee just before this which was pretty exciting.

Rubble
Rubble

I'll leave you with this picture showing the rubble I've pulled out of the grass on the back bank to make it safe for me to mow; crazy how it is hidden beneath the grass!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment