Wednesday 28 April 2021

Lawn mowing, long weekend, and back to work

I'm pretty tired for a Wednesday as I sit here typing this up so this update will probably end up being a bit short and skip some things; we didn't have the men for a couple of days as they were doing work on their own house hence the gap in updates.

Making her way through the long grass
Making her way through the long grass
Beautiful clover leaves
Beautiful clover leaves
Rosie found a daisy
Rosie found a daisy
Climbing the back bank again
Climbing the back bank again
Dinner on the balcony
Dinner on the balcony
The sun goes down
The sun goes down
Louise got a shitty neck
Louise got a shitty neck
First tortoise I've seen this year
First tortoise I've seen this year
Cutting very long, wet, grass
Cutting very long, wet, grass

First let us fly through the weekend, Monday and Tuesday. Saturday was a cold and damp day but I still got out with Rosie in the morning for a bit but it wasn't much of a great day for doing very much at all. Sunday was far nicer and I got to go on a walk with Rosie where we went up the back bank again which she loves. We also took a table onto the balcony and ate our dinner out there for the first time and we have done this now every evening since; even with sometimes there being clouds or strong winds we can now really enjoy the fresh air and views. It's amazing. I saw my first tortoise of the year on Monday as I took Rosie to school in Thomas in the morning, forgot to swap the car seat, and had to go and collect her when Angela only discovered this too late when already at the school in her car. Silly us! With the weather now finally improving I've been able to get out every day this week and mow some of the lawns. I've nearly finished doing the first pass to get the crazy overgrowth down and then I can run over it again with a lower setting to tidy it up.

Halil gets the mixer running again
Halil gets the mixer running again
Back to making strong foundations
Back to making strong foundations
Very happy puppies in the sun
Very happy puppies in the sun
And continuing round the corner
And continuing round the corner
Breaking rocks in the hot sun
Breaking rocks in the hot sun

The men were back in today and continuing on the foundations work. They completed the run along the front wall and then got a fair way down the side up towards the house. It's slower going than I expected but from tomorrow they say they will be starting to build the wall which is awesome. I need to test the pumps for the toilets and work out where this pump house is going to go if we are going to try my enclosed collection point idea. Something for tomorrow maybe. I got out at lunch again and mowed more of the lawn and the puppies were loving the sun. Today was a warmer day all round and I didn't envy Halil breaking up rocks with a sledgehammer.

So there you are; short but sweet and I'm going to take myself to bed! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment