Friday 30 April 2021

More wall

 Today involved a stinking headache/near migraine which sent me to bed for a large chunk of it however I did drag myself out of bed a few times and managed to get a day done somehow.

Rosie with her basket of eggs
Rosie with her basket of eggs
Eggs hanging in the tree
Eggs hanging in the tree
Rosie finds the first egg
Rosie finds the first egg

It is Easter here, as Bulgaria goes on the Orthodox calendar, and this meant that yesterday Rosie came home with an easter egg in a bag and today Angela arranged an easter egg hunt for her. After hanging a load of eggs in one of the front trees I took over and Angela hid the eggs while I distracted Rosie then it was time for the hunt. She had a great time walking around looking and Angela did such a good job of hiding the eggs, but making them easily findable, that Rosie loved it. It was a really lovely way to start the day.

Collecting sand for the cement
Collecting sand for the cement
Working on the humanure walls
Working on the humanure walls
Another course going on
Another course going on
End of the day, over half way
End of the day, over half way

And so to the building progress and I don't have much really to show here as it was all about the wall. They are over half way done on that now, and did get the first courses done by the humanure so I can now empty the buckets over the weekend and not cause a problem there. I do still need to test the pumps, however. I hope they do still work!

On the balcony for dinner
On the balcony for dinner

I'll leave you with a picture and Rosie and I on the balcony eating (well, she is; Angela was just bringing up the rest for us to have) it truly is a blessing to have that space.

Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment