Friday 5 November 2021

End of the week... maybe...?

Today has been another busy and tiring day; Angela is thankfully feeling a bit better (though I've got a headache I'm hoping it's just the tail end of the slight sniffle I've had all week) and Rosie seems a whole lot better (she's FAR naughtier so that's a good sign at least).

The sun is on its way
The sun is on its way
Continuing the tiling
Continuing the tiling
Rosie "working" at my desk
Rosie "working" at my desk
Starting a new painting
Starting a new painting
Footballing skills on display
Footballing skills on display
Thelma and Louise enjoy the sun
Thelma and Louise enjoy the sun
I am also enjoying the sun
I am also enjoying the sun

It was a lovely sunrise and the day has been lovely pretty much all day, though the wind did get up at one point. I was able to work after waking for Rosie but unfortunately Angela's stomach got very bad shortly after she woke so she had to go back to bed. Illness sucks! The workmen were in and laying tiles all day and I was entertaing Rosie. She wanted to work at my desk, then we did some trampolining while I hoovered up all the dead flies that have come out the wood in the ceiling with this warm weather, then she painted for a fair while and finally we played football on the outside balcony. It was lovely. Around this time Angela woke and she was feeling well enough to sit outside and watch while we played some hide and seek and enjoyed the sun, it really was very lovely.

Rosie with her dandelion chain
Rosie with her dandelion chain
Jumping in leaves (that I just raked up)
Jumping in leaves (that I just raked up)
Walking the puppies
Walking the puppies
A (tiny) preying mantis
A (tiny) preying mantis
Coming to the end of the day
Coming to the end of the day
Glorious sunset
Glorious sunset

After a little snack I got the leaf rakes out and Rosie helped me (after getting a dandelion chain made by Angela) and then she jumped in piles of leaves and basically had a great time. It was lovely to have her laughing and smiling and pulling the rake. She also got to swing for a bit then we decided to take the puppies for a walk which was also lovely; just a short walk but nice to get out. After a nap (and some work time for me) we spent more time on the balcony where we spotted a preying mantis on the window. It was still there this evening when we showed Angela. The workmen were still cracking away until 5pm but didn't seem too keen on coming back tomorrow so we shall see if they do. The sunset was, however, stunning.

So there you have it; in the unlikely event that the men are in tomorrow there'll be an update; otherwise back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment