Wednesday 7 September 2022

Cement for the windowsills

It is going to be a short update today as Angela is sick and Grandma is currently doing Rosie's bath while I quickly type this up.

Halil mixes cement
Halil mixes cement
My windows are a bit dirty
My windows are a bit dirty
Bekir made a platform to stand on
Bekir made a platform to stand on
Working on the first Room 13 window
Working on the first Room 13 window
Trimming some wood to size
Trimming some wood to size
Metal work for reinforcement
Metal work for reinforcement

I could probably just put the title here as this summarises the day. The men worked to build the shuttering and fill it with cement (after putting reinforcing metal in place) and they got all but one window done. Only the final window outside Room 13 is left, and this they've got the shuttering in place and the steel and will only need to mix a little cement and pour it tomorrow. And that's it.

As I say, Angela has been sick so I'm really hoping she is better tomorrow. Thanks for reading and back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment