Wednesday 21 August 2013

For the last time....

When you are considering emigrating, and even more so when you have decided and have bought a destination house, you will find yourself experiencing something and thinking "wow, this will be the last time I ever do this!".

This happened just now as I stood at the windows of my studio watching the airplanes performing for Blackpool's summer Airshow and this has prompted me to write a blog about it.

I will not experience another birthday in this country, and my parents' last Easter visit was their last time to do so in this country. I was aware that this was the case and took them to a really special restaurant to make this occasion particularly special. We did have a great time too.

Within the next month I will be meeting my dad for our yearly (used to be camping but not this year) walking holiday in September and this will also be the last time we ever do this. I am looking forward to it very much indeed.

Camping with my Dad
Camping with my Dad
Doing something for the last time is not necessarily a bad thing; it can help you to really appreciate every moment and I think it is important to recognise these moments and really grasp them tight.

As I was watching the airshow just now, having the idea for this post, I was smiling like a loon; what a lucky person I am to be able to stand and look at this from the window of my business, and most importantly I was able to make a mental note that I would not be able to enjoy this view again and so my camera was clicking and I took 215 photographs of the airplanes, the best of which are below.

The Red Arrows flying past Blackpool Tower
The Red Arrows flying past Blackpool Tower
The Battle of Britain Flight - goose bumps!
The Battle of Britain Flight - goose bumps!
The Vulcan Bomber. Awesome
The Vulcan Bomber. Awesome
The Eurofighter Typhoon with afterburner
The Eurofighter Typhoon with afterburner
There will be more and more of these moments over the next seven months as I approach the leaving date and I hope that I am able to remember to enjoy every single one of them to the utmost and ensure that they act as positive markers on the path to the exit. I will try to remember to blog for each and every one of them.

8 comments:

  1. Stobbit! I'm grizzling like a bairn here! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome adventure you're embarking on. It's absolutely thrilling to be a part of the journey, albeit just as a reader of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a pleasure to have you along for the ride :) I hope you continue to enjoy reading :)

      Delete
  3. Not sure what to say after reading this (!) you are not usually so reflective, but as you say, not always a bad thing.
    Really good photos, you take after your dad in this x.
    You can always come home for your birthday, you are not in exile!!!
    LOL and lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I am always so reflective, I just don't let it out very often ;)

      I know it probably isn't the actual last time ever in my life, but it does allow a bit of contemplation of how the time for departure is approaching fast :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Amazing pictures mate and a great post as usual! I totally agree that it's not a bad thing to think you're doing something for the last time as you do genuinely tune in to the 'now' a bit more :) but remember you're not falling off a cliff and you can make the decision every year whether to spend your birthday in England or Bulgaria or whether to go camping with your dad, there's nothing stopping you either way. Enjoy your adventure mate, it seems like you are, it takes balls and you deserve it!
    Take it easy

    ReplyDelete