Saturday 8 August 2015

Nice and relaxing day

Evening, quite late right now as I sit to type this and A and my mum go outside to do the watering round. Why it's so late will become evident later on so without any further ado here goes.

Lovely clouds in the morning
Lovely clouds in the morning
I slept much better last night even after all the sleeping I had done during the day which was a relief but I was still pretty battered when Louise woke us up to go outside. A had not slept quite so well but like the trooper she is was up and doing things without any complaints. I actually got up pretty quickly after she moved and we made the brews and headed onto the balcony to watch the sun rise. The clouds were there as the other days however were more broken and we saw more of the sun that yesterday. It was still a little breezy but certainly not as bad.

Getting the curtains ready for hanging
Getting the curtains ready for hanging
I had come up with a list of things I wanted to achieve this morning before we headed into town and one of them was to hang the curtains in the twin room so midway through the first brew I got the curtains and we sat together putting hooks on them. This worked well until we found that one of the packs of hooks had 10 in it and the other only had 8. Oh well.

Daddy cooked breakfast
Daddy cooked breakfast
A bit later on my parents were up and about and my dad had promised to cook breakfast for us today so I cut him some bacon and then he set to doing scrambled eggs and fried tomatoes with grilled bacon. It was lovely (he puts butter in the scrambled eggs) and we ate them sat on the balcony while the wind got stronger and stronger all the time. After eating we sat chatting for a little longer but soon enough the wind annoyed me too much so I headed inside.

Sweeping up the twin room
Sweeping up the twin room
A had very sensibly gone back to bed after her terrible night sleep and I was really quite tempted to join her however I gave myself a shake and decided to move around a little bit and see if it made me feel better. The twin room was a messy store room from all the work being done on the guest suite and so my main task for the day was to clear it all out. I worked away slowly and cleared it all away. I didn't get a before or after picture however later on when A woke up and was feeling a little better she got in there to sweep it and I got the camera out then.

Dust swirling out the window
Dust swirling out the window
I have observed this effect before in Room 13 but didn't have the camera on me at the time however today I did. A cleverly uses the wind as it blows past an open window to suck the dust cloud out and away from the room. Whenever I have swept I've had the windows shut and the whole place becomes a dust-bowl however this uses a vacuum effect to clear the room. Amazing.

A bucket full of "spikes"
A bucket full of "spikes"
Another job on the list was to go around and pull up some of the "spikes" that I had been so happy that they hadn't been growing but suddenly spotted a load the other day. Me and my mum went out with gloves (for her, bare hands for me) and a bucket and we picked up loads of them, as well as some other burnable items. There were a few large plants but tens of tiny ones so it looks like we caught them early enough. I will now revert to pulling them up wherever I see them; I will win this battle.

Two tiny calves
Two tiny calves
While we had been out and about pulling these weeds we had been shouted by the Little Lady for coffee and so after we had hung one of the curtains in the twin room we headed on over there. She served us the awesome hot milk and sugar drink and then a cup of the awesome turkish coffee and finally served up a water melon from her own garden that she was very proud was grown fully organically and it tasted amazing. We then went for a stroll around her land to see everything she was growing and she showed us the two latest additions; some 10 day old calves. We waved goodbye after this, carrying a bit bag of potatoes, harvested while we watched, some bell peppers and some more cucumbers. What lovely people.

Looking at wiring in the pump
Looking at wiring in the pump
After this we got ourselves together and headed into town. First of all we went to our favourite kebab shop and treated ourselves there for lunch and then we went round town, past the electrical shop for one thing and then onwards. We went via the market but I was starting to feel very hot and tired and was rather grumpy so it was back to the car, a very enjoyable sweep past the MIG-21 to show my parents, and then headed back home. I was going to sleep as I was not feeling great however first of all we sorted out the curtains and then sat on the sofas by the top of the corridor and the relaxation proved to be enough for me. While we were chilling and doing these things my dad was in the roof trying to wire in the pump. He got a long way towards it but it was starting to get too late so he decided to get the right parts, not rush it, and so this will be done another time now.

Good drying weather
Good drying weather
The wind had steadily got stronger and stronger through the day and by this point it was really blowing a gale. We had managed, eventually, to get a washing load done and it was barely hanging on the line as the winds roared. Unusually I was sitting out in this and actually quite enjoying it. I think it is gusts that disturb me, not high winds.

Yes, they were laughing at me
Yes, they were laughing at me
Happy couple
Happy couple
We couldn't sit there for long however as we had arranged to have a meal with SandS at a favourite local place so we got ourselves ready and headed out dead on time. We arrived a little before them and got ourselves settled and then they arrived and we had a really lovely time. The food in there is just excellent and for desert SandS again suggested the dessert which is a specialty of the region and is so lovely. It was just an excellent night with wonderful company and we left having agreed to another dinner date next week.

A reacting to the puppy mess
A reacting to the puppy mess
And so I drove us home and dashed up to let the puppies out and go to the toilet myself and then settled myself to write this blog. As I said early A did the watering with my mum then came inside and went to get changed and started shouting at the puppies as they had basically trashed the bedroom while we were out. There was no damage, apart from a full box of tissues that was shredded and spread everywhere, and one of A's shoes had been put onto the bed. The naughty little puppies!

They have been forgiven and have been playing with each of us and each other while I've been doing this, and my parents have sat and read and relaxed and A has been pottering online. It is time now for me to sign this off and head to bed. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment