Friday 22 May 2020

A small wall

And so we reach Friday and the start of a three day weekend (at least) for the men. I've got a virtual whisky night tonight so I'll be trying to wrap this up as quickly as possible. Onwards...

Sun rise when I woke
Sun rise when I woke
Beautiful views in every direction
Beautiful views in every direction
Bekir soaking up the rainwater
Bekir soaking up the rainwater
Cleaning up the rubble
Cleaning up the rubble
First bricks being laid
First bricks being laid
Making reinforcing shapes
Making reinforcing shapes
The day started gloriously, but still slightly chilly, and I got my chores including humanure done before we had some time outside with Rosie. The men arrived while I was at my desk working and started clearing up the balcony after the rain, soaking the standing water from the column bases and also sweeping up the rubble and mess. With that done they laid out for the new wall, mixed some cement, and Sally got on with brick laying. Bekir set himself to making the metal shapes for the reinforcing the columns.

Rosie and the neighbours
Rosie and the neighbours
Rosie helping the men
Rosie helping the men
Sorting the column metal
Sorting the column metal
Sally fitting shuttering
Sally fitting shuttering
Metal installed
Metal installed
The Little Lady and The Other Brother's wife came by to see Rosie which was lovely - they really do love spending time with her. Angela had to go shopping so after my morning session of work I looked after Rosie and she helped the men out on their brick laying. Bekir was then working to fit the reinforcement metal he'd bent into shape to secure the colums and, after some effort from Sally to make shuttering, he also reinforced the top raft that will be poured over the bricks.




Bekir fits Rosie's Hobbit Hole
Bekir fits Rosie's Hobbit Hole
Rosie's first reaction
Rosie's first reaction
Seen it again - about to dance
Seen it again - about to dance
Sam rushing home to his Rosie while his dad watches on
Sam rushing home to his Rosie while his dad watches on
It was now time for cement work and they had a good routine for getting cement up to the balcony quickly and efficiently. I was back on Rosie care duty after her nap and took her for a quick walk outside and we saw the new puppies from the farm. While Sally and Halil continued with pouring cement onto the walls Bekir came inside to hang Rosie's Hobbit Hole on the wall of her playroom. This took very little time and when she saw it she was so happy!! I am very pleased how much she likes it and she did lots and lots of happy dancing and running around excited whenever she looked at it.

One wall capped off
One wall capped off
Second wall capped off
Second wall capped off
Walls in place
Walls in place
And so I'll leave you with pictures of the two small walls that they built today; there was a lot of faffing to be done but I had hoped a little more progress today; I'll take the Hobbit Hole as a bonus though.

I'll probably not be back until Tuesday - see you then and thanks as ever for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment