Monday 11 May 2020

Weekend and Monday

Today has been crazy busy and I've got loads done and now I have loads more to do however first of all, let's get this update out there. Back to the weekend.

Wood delivery for the farm
Wood delivery for the farm
Out for lunch again!
Out for lunch again!
Mmmmm Shepherds Salad
Mmmmm Shepherds Salad
Rosie looking at the birds
Rosie looking at the birds
On Saturday we headed out early to go check on SandS place however just as we got to the local town I realised I'd forgotten to pick up the house keys; we still did a few chores, found a new local shopping place and dumped a load of rubbish in the bins before heading home again and taking advantage of being able to do a lovely group Skype with my family. We set off for our lunch early, watching as the farm had a wood delivery, and got to the restaurant to find that YES it was open! It was lovely to just get out there, have Rosie playing on the play ground, and enjoy some of our favourite food again. While Rosie was playing on the big playground we watched a number of storks circling and then, above them, eagles. Rosie was loving that as well. In the afternoon I got some grass cut and we had a normal rest of day. It had been just so lovely to get out, though.



Thelma worshipping the sun
Thelma worshipping the sun
Louise hiding from the sun
Louise hiding from the sun
How far I got mowing the lawn
How far I got mowing the lawn
Playing tug together
Playing tug together
Threatening skies in the evening
Threatening skies in the evening
Sunday was another lovely start to the day and after breakfast we made another attempt to get over to SandS place and this time were successful. I was watching out for tortoises on the way and stopped to move one out of the road very close to theirs. Everything being fine and no problems we headed back home without going to our mountain house; that will be a nice trip out next weekend indeed. In the afternoon there was time for sunbathing and shade finding (for the puppies) while I did a bit of hobbying and then went out and mowed a bit more of the lawn which turned out to be incredibly difficult as it was long and damp and also the mower had a small issue with its handle. The weather also closed in towards the evening and it really felt like it might rain however this never happened.

Sally starts on the windowsills
Sally starts on the windowsills
Sanding the walls prior to painting
Sanding the walls prior to painting
Bekir drilling for reinforcement
Bekir drilling for reinforcement
And now for the boot scraper
And now for the boot scraper
The lawn REALLY needed mowing
The lawn REALLY needed mowing
Thelma and Louise sunbathing together
Thelma and Louise sunbathing together
And so to today. I had a little lie in and it was slightly cloudy first thing apparently but by the time I emerged the sun was out. The men were on time and got stuck in, Sally initially worked on tidying up and finishing off the windowsills while Halil was inside the porch sanding the walls. Bekir was in there also drilling out for reinforcement for the step extension and then, after this was completed, he drilled to fit the boot scraper as well - I'm very excited about this as we've had it stashed next to the door for years and years waiting to be installed. I got stuck in to more mowing in the morning and it really did need it; I also identified the source of the problem with the mower handle and so got Bekir to fix it by putting some new bolts in and now it's better than new. I took some time with Rosie as well, letting Angela get a break as most of the day I was going to be busy, and we sat in the sun and in the tent while the puppies snoozed in the sun nearby.

Painting inside the porch
Painting inside the porch
And now Bekir joins the party
And now Bekir joins the party
A Cuckoo Pint, maybe?
A Cuckoo Pint, maybe?
I saved a small tortoise
I saved a small tortoise
Lots of lawn that was mowed
Lots of lawn that was mowed
Sally cutting rebar (that they just put in)
Sally cutting rebar (that they just put in)
Tiny extension ready for cement
Tiny extension ready for cement
Louise relaxing in the sun
Louise relaxing in the sun
Two puppy prints in the new cement
Two puppy prints in the new cement
After lunch I headed out with Bekir to go get quotes for the steel leaving Rosie asleep (for a very short while; she actually fell asleep while eating, bless her) and Sally and Halil painting the porch. It was not a quick trip but profitable and I think we know where our suppliers are going to be so maybe tomorrow orders can be placed. When we got back Bekir got stuck into the tasks and finished the step while I got the lawnmower round the rest of the garden that I wanted to do. I found a Cuckoo Pint (I think?) and also saved a small tortoise from being mown. It's a lot of work but it looks great and I think a ride-on may be in my future. Up at the house the men were finishing up; Sally was on the task of completing the drainage channel for the toilet while Bekir worked away on the step and Halil helped and tidied up for the end of the day. I took Rosie again before dinner and we had a lovely time, though the wind was blowing a gale and the tent was bending and flapping a lot. We had a good laugh just before dinner as when we called the girls in they both put one paw in the new wet cement Bekir had put on the step; that'll be something for him to laugh at tomorrow.

And so there you are; I now have a doughnut to eat and a video to edit and then maybe some hobby time. See you tomorrow, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment