Tuesday 25 August 2020

Gym Progress

 Another day and more good progress; let's get this done as it's been a long day for me as well.

The overgrown section I am about to cut
The overgrown section I am about to cut
At the end of the session
At the end of the session
Absolutely covered in burs
Absolutely covered in burs
The sun rises as I drink my tea
The sun rises as I drink my tea

First of all this morning once again my alarm didn't go off but this time it was because I forgot to hit "save" on the new alarm settings; I woke in time, however, and got myself up and out and did a load of clearing which was such a good way to set the day off. I'm starting to cut back the overgrowth on the track that leads behind the chicken house, and will also give us access to the fence to check where the wild dogs were getting in. I finished before sunrise once more, covered in burs, then had a shower and did the rest of my chores before heading to my desk for work.

Protecting the steel
Protecting the steel
Bekir chasing out the cable runs
Bekir chasing out the cable runs
Sweeping up
Sweeping up
Washing the room
Washing the room
Cables covered with cement
Cables covered with cement

The men were in and on time again, Bekir asked to go out to get some more materials but of course I can't now I'm working so that had to wait for Angela's planned trip out. The first thing Sally and Halil did was paint the steel that will be going on the balcony tomorrow; meanwhile Bekir was continuing with channelling for the cables for the electrics. Halil then got the sweep out and all the rubble was removed from the room before they brought the hose in and soaked down the entire room - it really was very wet (Rosie saw it and went "oh dear!" haha). With this job done Halil began on the priming while Sally went around after Bekir and covered over the cables that were now secure in their channels.

Progress is good in here
Progress is good in here
Halil continues to prime
Halil continues to prime


Bekir gets stuck in with cement
Bekir gets stuck in with cement
Halil cleaning the doors
Halil cleaning the doors
Some storm blowing past
Some storm blowing past
Out for dinner
Out for dinner

The rest of the day was pretty much this; Bekir continuing the cables, Halil doing lots of priming and cleaning, and Sally following Bekir and finishing over the cables. My new hard drive arrived as well and I was setting it up when the strongest wind suddenly blew, without warning, and Angela and I were running around pulling in tents from the front garden and toys off the balcony. Of course after we did this the wind stopped. Typical. The men worked a little later today, Bekir determined to finish up the cement work so it could go off over night; Halil got stuck in cleaning stickers off the doors and tidying around again before they left. It really was a very threatening sky and we decided to head out for our dinner. While we were out it rained which cleared the air and now we're back and I've had time to get this done while my new hard drive continues to set itself up; I'm letting it finish all its auto set up scans before I write to it.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment