Monday 31 August 2020

Weekend and Monday

Welcome back to the blog and a very very hot Bulgaria - today was up to 40 degrees and I actually stopped working because it was too hot so after this update is written I'll be back to do my afternoon work.

Heading out on a road trip`
Heading out on a road trip
The view from up there
The view from up there
Needs a bit of attention
Needs a bit of attention
Looking up from by the lake
Looking up from by the lake
It was VERY hot
It was VERY hot
New shelves up in the entrance
New shelves up in the entrance
At the neighbours before bedtime
At the neighbours before bedtime

This weekend I was home alone with Rosie as Angela went for a very well deserved spa break. She had a brilliant, relaxing and awesome time and Rosie and I did OK also. Saturday morning early we went on a road trip up to the mountain house where I found the neighbours both weren't there, and weren't using the cow shed or my barn any more; this because he's fixed up the next barn along, using stones taken from my old building, I think. His donkey was sheltering in the next wreck so they are still living there at least. It was beautiful but we didn't stay long as the heat was getting up; we did have a lovely run around on the grass though. On Sunday we went to town to pick up some shelving for the new gardening room and while Rosie napped I swore a lot and bled everywhere but got the two units assembled. Angela got back around lunch time and in the evening we went to see the neighbours. I was shattered; Rosie was very good but she's very tiring as well. Kudos to Angela for coping every weekday on her own.

Halil sweeps up
Halil sweeps up
Getting stuck in to the plastering
Getting stuck in to the plastering
Window man fixing the door
Window man fixing the door
Almost done plastering
Almost done plastering

And so to today. Today is going to be short because basically what happened was the men arrived, swept up again, then got stuck in to plastering and spent all day doing this however now tomorrow they will be ready for tiling I believe which Bekir will do and Sally and Halil will *gasps with excitement* start work on the library! We did have a visit from the windowman finally who fixed our porch door and also took the changes to the design for the windows on the balcony, and the new door/window that will seal off the library.

Moon rise
Moon rise

I will leave you with this shot of the moon rising just as I sat down to start this update. Stunning.

Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment