Friday 16 October 2020

Hot water and steps

Today is the final day before the men go to help the lady in our village with a leaky roof and so there were a few bits that needed to be done before they could leave.

Halil cleans up in the Glass Room
Halil cleans up in the Glass Room
Chiselling out for the new water supply
Chiselling out for the new water supply
Channelling for the new water pipe
Channelling for the new water pipe
Sally prepares the ground
Sally prepares the ground
Halil drilling for rebar for the step
Halil drilling for rebar for the step
Heat joining the new water pipes
Heat joining the new water pipes
Ready for wire
Ready for wire

I had a really bad night, I was actually up until 3.30 working, but somehow I have managed to make it through the day. The men were in on time and the two major tasks, hinted at in the title, were started with Halil and Sally in the Glass Room working on concrete steps around the bottom of the windows and Bekir was upstairs finishing off all the work on the new over-sink hot water thing.

Drilling through for conduit
Drilling through for conduit
Cement mixing
Cement mixing
Working fast to finish the job
Working fast to finish the job
Drilling through for internet into the gym
Drilling through for internet into the gym
Steps done and going off
Steps done and going off

With the water heater fitted and all the old pipes removed Bekir went on to drilling through the wall so I can run network cables out of Room 13 and around the house. We are going to put conduit through the walls and floors so I can change my mind, run more cables, and generally have better control over what happens. I collected Rosie and when I got back I went straight back out for cement as they were running out. Bekir had finished the drilling, and also fitted the new timer for the boiler in the guest room, and so he got stuck into tidying up the end of the library ready for finishing when they come back. I also had him drill a hole through near the door into the gym as we may end up putting an internet TV in there. Sally and Halil were working overtime, literally, to get the step finishing and then they stayed even later to tidy up prior to their work elsewhere next week.

Now I've got the task of redoing the network in the house but I'm waiting for a few bits before I can do that; not having the men here next week will mean I can empty Room 13 to do this which means I can give it a deep clean. Sadly Angela and Rosie are also going away for a bit to Ireland so I'm going to be home alone for a while. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment