Friday 13 November 2020

Plasterboard and plastering

 Another week done and it is Friday again. Once again we had no Sally, but he will be back on Monday apparently. I hope everything is OK over there.

The first sheet of plasterboard in place
The first sheet of plasterboard in place
Bekir fits the second level
Bekir fits the second level
The last few pieces go up
The last few pieces go up
A lovely looking wall
A lovely looking wall
Halil plasters the stairs
Halil plasters the stairs
Covering the joints
Covering the joints

Today Bekir and Halil worked all day to fit the plasterboard onto the wall outside Room 13. This is a quick process, though there was some requirement for cutting and fitting, and the job is completed now. It looks great, though once it was done and Halil started on the plastering of the stairs, Bekir went and tried to use plaster with no joint strip on the joins; I will be having a word about this on Monday. I want it to be smooth. Anyway, it does look great and once it has been joint stripped it can be plastered, then painted, the electric fittings and it is done. We also received more of the carpet tools today so that will be possible to do once they have finished all the dusty dirty work.

Spicy Pork Pasta on the stove
Spicy Pork Pasta on the stove
Steve and Rosie looking for Gnasher
Steve and Rosie looking for Gnasher

I had another busy day but did manage to get to collect Rosie; Angela had a really busy day tidying up as we were expecting a guest. When I finally got away from my desk I welcomed Steve and began to cook my Spicy Pork Pasta, but this time I was able to cook on the petchka which was brilliant. Rosie was such a star, and the food went down well for everyone, and now she's in bed and Angela is chilling and I'm about to spend hobby time with Steve.

Thanks for reading, see you Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I only ever tidy up if we're having guests! True, but no need to tell everyone! lol

    ReplyDelete