Tuesday 17 November 2020

Weekend and Tuesday progress

 I'm back, after a longer than expected break as the men couldn't get in yesterday so no update. This will cover the weekend as well however I forgot about writing the blog (working too hard so my schedule was all out) until just now so it is late and I want to get this written as quickly as possible.

A lovely golden start to the day
A lovely golden start to the day
Visiting the Mountain House
Visiting the Mountain House
Paddling in the fishing pond
Paddling in the fishing pond
Getting one of many games in
Getting one of many games in
Dinner out
Dinner out

First of all the weekend, which was awesome and incredibly tiring as Steve's visit involved lots of games, a visit to the Mountain House, loads of talking and fun and company and enjoyment and it was altogether awesome. We even got to go out for our dinner one night which was a lot of fun.

The little lizard that is in our wood pile
The little lizard that is in our wood pile
Such a lovely day
Such a lovely day
Autumn colours slowly spreading
Autumn colours slowly spreading

Yesterday was a really long and busy working day however I did get to snap a picture of our little lizard who is currently living in our indoor wood shed; we're going to have to do something about it. It was a glorious day and when I got a chance to get outside with Rosie I took it; the autumn colours are really finally setting in. Beautiful.

Bekir starts grinding the wall
Bekir starts grinding the wall
I made him wear ear defenders
I made him wear ear defenders
The wall has been shortened
The wall has been shortened
Bracket starting to be engulfed
Bracket starting to be engulfed
A mushroom
A mushroom
More grinding, more dust
More grinding, more dust
Washing down the balcony
Washing down the balcony
Sat with Louise
Sat with Louise

And so to today. I had another crazy busy one, but the men were in (obviously, or I wouldn't be writing this) however Sally is still not back. I suggested to Bekir that he get the balcony wall adjusted and so that is what they did all day; marking off the cut, then grinding it down, popping the tiles off the top to be reused, and generally making a mess. I got some time outside when Angela had to go to the dentist to get something looked at and had a great time running around the front garden with Rosie playing catch. What a laugh. While down there we saw that the support for the bird feeder has started to be encased in the wood of the tree, and also I spotted a large mushroom. Bekir and Halil were hard at work still making the wall the correct height for our windows and after that they washed the balcony down; the dust up there had been atrocious. I headed into town, picked up some deliveries and materials, while Angela was at the dentist and then it was back to work when Angela got back, though I got to sit on the front lawn with the puppies and Rosie waiting.

Cleaning old mortar off the tiles
Cleaning old mortar off the tiles
A beautiful sunset to end the day
A beautiful sunset to end the day

The day ended out with me still working, Halil cleaning the old glue off the bottom of the tiles, and the sun setting in a glorious display.

Tomorrow I think they'll complete this work on the wall then get back inside for more stairs and landing progress. We shall see, and so shall you. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment