Friday 16 May 2014

Didn't realise it was a Friday

Once again I slept pretty well last night which I hope continues though, as I type this I'm feeling particularly woolly headed and battered so maybe it doesn't actually matter. I think the changeability of the weather at the moment is really upsetting my equilibrium. That, however, is a spoiler on the blog today so enough of that and onto the real meat of the update.

Many different types of cloud on display
Many different types of cloud on display
I woke naturally and back at my normal time of just before 7 and the need for a wee dragged me from a bed I could very much have stayed in for another half hour or so at least; the morning was absolutely stunning though with, when I first woke up, not really a cloud in sight and then as I pottered around doing my feeding of Rambo and watering, a few little whispy ones drifting past.

It was gently steaming under the sun
It was gently steaming under the sun
I really did take a bit of time this morning doing the rounds of the estate and appreciating the peace of the area while hanging my washing out. This picture was attempting to capture the steam rising from the wet clothes just hung out in the sun however it hasn't really captured it; it was so hot so quickly this morning. I checked out the Orchid but it hasn't really changed much since yesterday so I didn't bother a picture.

Today is Friday and, as the title indicates, I really did not know until people started telling me online; the days here are not really tied to names and so it is easy to not really care when you are in the week. Anyway, I have finally got work to do in a paid manner and so today I have mainly been focused on doing this. This is pretty boring so I won't go into it; there has been the usual frustration at times but I am glad to have something to get my teeth stuck into.

Mo and the spider web
Mo and the spider web
Mo was really amusing this morning. First thing the sun wasn't hitting his little domain and he was sleeping. As soon as the sun hit the soil however he was off and moving fast (for him) to that patch of light. Then the sun shifted and the spot he was sitting on was out the sun however there was a place on the other side that was warm and so off he went again, chasing it. He really was a little Sun Seeker today. This snap was taken a little later again after he had moved back across to find some sun and he encountered a spiders web which appeared over night. He could obviously feel it as he was moving his head through it and seemed to be playing with it.

Outdoor light fitting, and wiring for it
Outdoor light fitting, and wiring for it
The Electrician has been hard at it all day and, after spending an hour or so just getting the lay of the land and working out his plans yesterday, he has spent today running cable everywhere for plugs and lights and sockets to allow me to have power where I need it, and also have lights from the front door right through to Room 13 which will be really nice to achieve. This is the first of the wiring he finished; switches and wiring for a light right by the entrance.

Potted up plants in the sun
Potted up plants in the sun
While I was waiting for an email I remembered to grab the plants out the back of  Lucy (as they had been taken home by accident by T last night) and then I decided that while I was out there I'd quickly put them up into bigger pots. I also got the house shrubs I had bought a while ago and did the same for them. These are now sat on the tabletennis table / potting bench and I think I will leave them there for a while; they will get much better sun and I can water them all in my morning routine.

The airbed caught fire and burned really quickly
The airbed caught fire and burned really quickly
Another little thing I did today was start a burn as my bucket was full in the kitchen, and the leaking air bed was needing getting rid. I was shocked at how quickly the bed caught and flamed and was fully on fire. You really wouldn't want to be asleep on that if it caught fire. Wow. It burned all afternoon, with lots of smoke and T chose to sit down wind of it for his lunch break. It's gone now and so I don't have to worry about giving the wrong air bed to any future guest.

Another task done today was emptying the two full buckets of Humanure. I timed it today and it was less than 15 mins from leaving my desk to getting back to it after all cleaning and post emptying tasks which I think is pretty good going seeing as normally I'll only need to do it every other week.

T and Rambo and a huge cloud
T and Rambo and a huge cloud
The day was starting to cloud over a bit and there were some pretty impressive mountainous structures over the mountains across the valley. I snapped this picture just after doing the potting up with Rambo and his Kong running in front of T who was on with his work in his usual reliable and uncomplaining way. I love this shot; it captures the happenings of a standard week day on my land; dog being crazy and workmen getting on with stuff.

Over half way now
Over half way now
Before lunch I set to with the pick axe and dug out the final hole on the left as you come in for the Silver Birch then did all the usual steps including tying the tree to the stake using a section of tights and going down the other trees and securing them as well in more places to protect them from the winds we have been experiencing. This picture is particularly for my mother who asked for a better picture of the trees with an indication of where they are in relation to other things. So I hope this helps you, mum.

I had another kip after lunch which today left me feeling wrung out and not really very well actually. It took me a fair old while after I woke up to actually start to operate a bit above complete and utter useless. Even now I'm still not feeling great now and I don't know if I'm coming down with something; tomorrow may end up being a really lazy day rather than the "digging out the Flags and finishing the entrance flower beds day" that I am currently planning.

Mo in the undergrowth
Mo in the undergrowth
Mo had continued his exploring ways today and I found him all beached and trapped AGAIN so I righted him and this time I put him up where he was trying to get to. Immediately he was off and pushing through the thicker plants up the top on the left of his cage (I should put a top down shot of this somewhere shouldn't I, and name bits of it *sad face*) and later I caught a cracking picture (I was on the phone while I was taking this) of him looking around and exploring. He's a dear little thing.

Consumer unit, and drilling
Consumer unit, and drilling
The Electrician Magician had been cracking on all day and there are now cables and switches and light fittings everywhere. He has also attached the consumer unit to the wall downstairs and started hooking things up down there. Tomorrow will (maybe) be the last day of wiring and we'll have an hour or two of no power inside while things are switched over. What a great thing to have lights throughout (and proper plugs in all the places I want them) and also for him to be able to relax and not feel like he has to slave for me.

While I still had T to help we lifted the dog kennel out of Rambo's enclosure as he has never used it at all and I am going to lift it up about two foot off the floor and put a ramp in and then it will become an initial chicken shelter. Then, when the wall is put in at the back I will go and get four laying chickens and fresh eggs will be mine.

So now we're gonna go out to a new restaurant because I have a craving for steak and there is somewhere which does a good mixed grill apparently (my friend has advised me on directions) so that is going to happen as soon as I stop typing this up. I won't post til I get back though as I will have to take pictures of the food obviously.

Man food of meat, meat and meat
Man food of meat, meat and meat
Ahhh dinner. Well we got there and found that the menu was in Greek with Bulgarian subtitles. Yes. Greek as the headline language. The girl who served us first didn't have any English so we just ordered beer and spent time trying to find out the Bulgarian (and Greek) for "mixed grill". A bit later a lad came over and he had English and took the order. He didn't offer any sides so I presumed it must come with potatoes however when it came out it was just two plates of meat with meat and a bit of lemon as the non meat option. I asked for cheesy chips and these came just after we'd finished the meat. It was good, but not great and not what I had been craving and without the chips would have been really not satisfactory. It was a really excellent meal apart from the food though and we had such a nice time nattering and chattering and just enjoying the company.

Gorgeous sky
Gorgeous sky
When we left the restaurant the sky was stunning so I took a few pictures on a long exposure, resting my arm on the wall to minimise shake, and the first one was the charm. We headed home through the night continuing our natter and now we are sipping beer and relaxing before it's time for me to go to my call, and him to chill out and eventually sleep. The dogs next door are going for it for some reason so there may be some rude words shouted across the fence shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment